Keyboard can be hidden on the new GUIs! Nice

Official support for: tal-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The new 101 GUI is pretty big now, it was the perfect size before. I really wish there was a way to hide the keyboards of this and the Uno-LX. That might be tough given the way it was designed with controls on the side of it. Better would have been a keyboard all along the bottom just with modwheel and pitch bender beside it, all over which could be hidden like one big row. Could you put the Master section back where it was in the box above and the readout box down beside the keyboard? Then you could hide the row that is the keyboard and the readout display?

Also the new 101 color is really dull. I miss the lighter one. On hte new one the text buttons at the top have barely any contrast when engaged, like the MPE button.

They work great on touch monitors though. Instant feedback and multi-touch capable.

Edit: hide keyboard option was added. Great, responsive dev!
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I'd love for the TAL Sampler to hide keyboard as well.. Doesn't take up too much space but find it visually distracting and would look really good without it.

Is it true the new 101 is missing the colour options?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

It's true. Write to Patrick to bring them back :)

Yeah color is a step back visually...
to....
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think it was too bright originally, personally.

From the site:
More UI contrast (v 3.0.2)
I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

Elevated_being wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:03 am From the site:
More UI contrast (v 3.0.2)
Still too dark in 3.0.3

3.0.3 isn't bad but could still be a lighter background.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

These totally white new models are absolutely beautiful:

(without the additional mods)
https://retrogearshop.com/products/rola ... hite-cover

(and with additional mods)
https://retrogearshop.com/products/rola ... white-mods

If I had the money...

But it is true that on a computer screen it is too much bright.

And it is true also that the new 3.0.3 pale gray panel of TAL-Bassline-101 still remains a bit too dark. Too dark. Not much, but still a little too dark.

The real big drawback is the presence of the keyboard. Especially when using a laptop with a 16:9 screen on very frequent nomad uses. And... funny... it's not even the appearance of the original tessitura (32 keys) nor the appearance of the original bender.

(click the picture for wider)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Done in latest versions !
Patrick never disappoints, what a great dev !!!!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Dude is amazing!

Return to “TAL Software”