About doubling vocals by tracking them in stereo

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
crimsonwarlock
KVRAF
2280 posts since 18 Apr, 2001 from The Netherlands

Post Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:52 pm

Maybe someone likes to try my Azurite ADT preset :D

If you don't have the free Azurite plugin, I've linked it to this topic so you can grab it.

Here's my preset:
azurite-adt.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

planetearth
KVRAF
1611 posts since 10 Jul, 2006 from Tampa

Re: About doubling vocals by tracking them in stereo

Post Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:29 pm

crimsonwarlock wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:42 am
planetearth wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:03 am
And again, it's still not a "stereo" track, since true "stereo" requires different information in both channels. Having the exact, same audio information in both channels would make it a "dual-mono" signal, not a stereo one.
You are technically correct. However, normally we use the term 'stereo track' to designate the fact that there is separate information for left and right, regardless if that information is different or not. A stereo plugin doesn't care if it is processing the same signal on each side, the result is still two separate channels with information. From the perspective of a DAW there is no difference between stereo or dual-mono.
True. I was merely re-stating the technical difference, since the OP seemed to be a bit confused about the differences.

And yes, Azurite does offer some interesting effects for a free plug-in. I used it for ADT-type effects before grabbing Waves' Abbey Road ADT plug-in (and I still have Azurite installed, for other things). But anyone looking for something similar might find something in Azurite that can help.

Steve
Listen to some of my stuff here: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife.

crimsonwarlock
KVRAF
2280 posts since 18 Apr, 2001 from The Netherlands

Re: About doubling vocals by tracking them in stereo

Post Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:45 pm

planetearth wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:29 pm
True. I was merely re-stating the technical difference, since the OP seemed to be a bit confused about the differences.
Fair enough :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Return to “Production Techniques”