(Deep/Melodic House) abscure - After Rain Comes Sun

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Abscure333
KVRer
1 posts since 29 Nov, 2019

Post Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:01 pm

Hello there,

I'm new to this forum and I am excited to share a track of mine that I made the other day.

https://soundcloud.com/abscure333/after-rain-comes-sun

I really was lacking opinion of more „expertised“ people other than just my family and friends. I hope i can improve my skills with your help :hyper: .

Thank you very much for taking your time and enjoy listening!

Best Regards

Silencer86
KVRer
12 posts since 23 May, 2019

Re: (Deep/Melodic House) abscure - After Rain Comes Sun

Post Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:36 am

I liked it, altough when I came to the end something was lacking. Mix isn't bad for an amateur production, but it could be better.

All in all, good job keep evolving.

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
15241 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:21 am

Quite enjoyed it. The problem for me was the kick drum which seemed to be at odds with the delicate arrangement. Maybe all it would take is backing it off a few decibels for it to sit better, and let the rest of the music breathe :tu:

jackoo
KVRian
616 posts since 3 Jul, 2006

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:08 am

I agree about the kick being a little loud. I think it's up to the point where it masks also the bass...

mguerrero90
KVRist
54 posts since 8 May, 2019

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:57 pm

The hat is questionable and for your style I would make some of the synths softer so it would fit more, specially in the intro. I feel like the kick hits a bit to high in frequency, but this music works with a strong kick. Youd have to mix it with other of the same style to see if it works.

wagtunes
KVRAF
17615 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:45 pm

I don't bother critiquing by genre so as far as I'm concerned, on its own, the track is fine. Mix seems clean enough. Maybe a little loud but there's always a volume knob. All in all, I enjoyed listening to this. My only criticism would be maybe a little more musical development.

Return to “Music Cafe”