Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

For the peeps arguing that it's all no problem when you use a plugin wrapper like jBridge: Always keep in mind that a wrapper always uses more CPU than running the plugin natively, and, there likely will be GUI issues. So, no, it's not just as easy as using the plugin in a wrapper, and everything is alright. Not to mention stability issues I had with some plugins. Terratec Komplexer crashed frequently when using it with jBridge, for example, that's why I stopped using both jBridge and Komplexer. Just not worth it. Other plugins may run better. Even though I also had issues running Dune BE bridged.

Anyway, the people who have no problem with bridging the plugins should do that, of course. Just saying that it's not a option for me.

I also had stability issues with Jbridged stuff in Studio One. Useable but far from smooth. Dunno, maybe DAW-specific bridges work better, e.g. the bridges in Reaper or FL.

I was toying with the idea to get FL Studio as a secondary DAW for years, Reaper I just can't stand.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

The bridge in Cubase didn't work that great either... maybe also a reason why it's not built in anymore.

He should just team up with a good coder, re-build the synth from scratch in something like Juice or iPlug2 (is crossplatform, so iOS Auv3 is also an option then), and release that as version 2.
Then work on providing good presets. Bet that'll sell just fine.

ravasb wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:28 pm It is just as important for developers to know why someone is not buying a product and is it is why they are. That is what forums are for.
So do you think he is not aware that 32bit and Win only will keep several people away? He certainly knows it, but port this to 64bit is nearly impossible when he used third party modules.
And I don't believe he expects to make a fortune by selling 500.000 copies for 1€ each. He just wants to publish his years of work for the community. But even he would give it away for free, people would complain here. The same KVR spirit as years ago.....  :roll:
ImageImage

So, what do you expect people to do? Just ignore this? Would that be the favorable attitude towards the product and the developer?

What if someone is genuinly interested in this, but can't use it, because he's 64-bit only, and his DAW doesn't bridge either? I don't see a difference to telling the developer that the plugin doesn't work, if there is a issue with it, and it won't run on certain hardware configuration.

Anyway, maybe you're right, and people should just give this a go-bye, and leave it uncommented. I do think though that it is in the interest of developers why their products aren't getting the use they should. 32-bit and Windows only will restrict the plugin to, what, maybe 10% of the common population? Probably less. Can't really see a bigger target audience. And, while I can see and understand the reason why it is restricted to 32-bit Windows, I wonder how much sense it makes to sell this thing, especially with a business model which seems to target the selling of sound sets as well. The dev has to know, for sure.

Embedding a bridge into GP may not be CPU efficient or bug free at release, but I assume any other way of porting it to 64 bit will be a nightmare, basically. Besides, CPUs keep improving, and I think the workload soon won't be a concern anyway.

it's clearly just a hobby, not a business, so maybe cut him some slack

I am personally very excited for this!! Even if my Daw could not Bridge 32bit I will still buy this as I could load this in vst host on a laptop and use that with a midi controller as a standalone Synth

AnX wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:01 pm
NatLife wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:19 pm
Stryves wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:21 am
NatLife wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:20 pm Guys, anyone compared this synth to the top line of VST's?
It's not even released yet...
ah, i thought it was) alot of demos on youtube, but i feel some double opinion about sound quality
from the YT vids and specs, it's not great.

for virtually free, it's ok

im not gonna slag the bloke off, it's peanuts, but not even on my radar

if you own any decent synth, it's prob not on yours...
yeas, i wasnt impressed by the quality of first Genesis, i have a big respect to Ummet's music production but yeah - i have a feelings that a second version of this synth will be also not the top VST's line
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

kv331 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:02 pm and yes he's Turkish -like me- so what ?
Or like me...so what...hahahaha :hihi:
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

chk071 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:08 pm I wonder how much sense it makes to sell this thing, especially with a business model which seems to target the selling of sound sets as well.
Now that it's clear that the synth will be 32 bit only it doesn't look like a "business model" anymore. This 1 Euro price is more like some symbolic gesture. Maybe he wants to have an idea how much people have a copy and that's it.

Anyways, even if 32 bit only, it's much better than if he would just let it die on his hard drive.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

NatLife wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:04 pm
AnX wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:01 pm
NatLife wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:19 pm
Stryves wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:21 am
NatLife wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:20 pm Guys, anyone compared this synth to the top line of VST's?
It's not even released yet...
ah, i thought it was) alot of demos on youtube, but i feel some double opinion about sound quality
from the YT vids and specs, it's not great.

for virtually free, it's ok

im not gonna slag the bloke off, it's peanuts, but not even on my radar

if you own any decent synth, it's prob not on yours...
yeas, i wasnt impressed by the quality of first Genesis, i have a big respect to Ummet's music production but yeah - i have a feelings that a second version of this synth will be also not the top VST's line
The first Genesis CM was my very first Supersaw wave Synth that was really pleasant in my mixing to my ears and I loved the bass sounds I could get from it. It was buggy when I tried to automate its filter in Sonar 8.5 pro at that time but I had a workaround filter that used instead for basic pad cutoffs. When I used the synth without automation it was rock solid and stable!

The sound quality of the youtube demo to my ears is really pleasant. This Synth will certainly get loads of use here!

wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:41 pm
glokraw wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:37 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:12 pm Sounds absolutely fantastic. Makes me wish I still bought synths. I'm sure it'll do very well.
If you want a pity party, you know kvr is the wrong venue :wink:

Whoever controls the 'wish button' on your remote
might actually have the power needed to make
rational decisions, like sell two, buy one, and be happy 8)
Cheers
No one is looking for a pity party. I made a statement. I praised the synth. I don't buy synths anymore. I'm sure it'll do well. I wish him the best.

Does everybody here just live for looking for fights?

It's starting to look that way.
short answer....

.....YES !

**** It is the reason I really don't participate in conversations here.

Return to “Instruments”