Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

Elektronisch wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:54 pm Why does izonin cares if AnX is Kriminal: who knows :D
Well, I hinted at it in my previous post, but I'll explain myself.

If Kriminal, who was banned on KVR, has made a reappearance as AnX, maybe there's a chance that we'll also see ttoz (also banned) under a different name? :hihi:

nevertheless this has nothing to do with the topic at hand, let's get back on topic please
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Absolutely. I've put together a small list of DAW's that can host Genesis Pro upon its release on any Windows 7/8/10 machine:

FL Studio
Bitwig
Reaper
Mixcraft
Samplitude
Sequoia
Cakewalk

Will there be a 16-bit version?
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:52 pm Will there be a 16-bit version?
Doubtful...

izonin wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:48 pm Absolutely. I've put together a small list of DAW's that can host Genesis Pro upon its release on any Windows 7/8/10 machine:

FL Studio
Bitwig
Reaper
Mixcraft
Samplitude
Sequoia
Cakewalk
+ Renoise
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Not sure what the point of such a list is... people will probably not change their host of choice to play Genesis Pro.

Apart from that, I mostly see outsiders on that list. Here are some DAW's which will NOT host Genesis Pro, when people are using the 64-bit version of the DAW (or not host it at all):

Cubase Pro
Ableton Live
Logic Pro
Studio One Pro
Propellerhead Reason
Pro Tools

Not to make a point or anything. Just saying that that list is a bit pointless.

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:46 pm Not sure what the point of such a list is...
The point is to show the people who are new to music production and stumble upon this thread, that there are multiple options to use Genesis Pro on Windows, and that they can purchase with confidence. :wink: I'm actually getting 2 copies - 1 for myself, and 1 for a close friend of mine, as a gift.

And I forgot to include in the list the free 32-bit DAW's that will also run on Windows 64-bit. So far the best one I found is Podium Free.

izonin wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:10 pm The point is to show the people who are new to music production and stumble upon this thread, that there are multiple options to use Genesis Pro on Windows, and that they can purchase with confidence.
Sounds to me the point is to beat a dead horse and treat DAW users like they don't know what they are doing. Your white-knighting comes off as condescending.

IMO, there's only one legitimate response to complaints about Genesis Pro being 32-bit and Windows-only: It only costs $1, so for all practical purposes, it is like many other free synths that are likewise 32-bit and Windows only.

teilo wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:52 pm Sounds to me the point is to beat a dead horse and treat DAW users like they don't know what they are doing.
Maybe it's naive, but I do see this synth as revolutionary (its price), and I see its potential as an amazing learning tool, far beyond the current mass of DAW users. It will allow every boy and girl out there to start making quality music itb. :phones:

Even the intro video is more valuable than most of the comments here... intelligent people accept things as they are, smart people invest their precious time instead of wasting it on telling hard-working devs off. what’s the point coming here and telling you not gonna buy it because this and that. who cares?

I've heard rumours that a 64-bit version is in the work, but it'll take 8 years to make and by the time it'll be available we'll all be running 128-bit computers...

izonin wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:14 pm
teilo wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:52 pm Sounds to me the point is to beat a dead horse and treat DAW users like they don't know what they are doing.
Maybe it's naive, but I do see this synth as revolutionary (its price), and I see its potential as an amazing learning tool, far beyond the current mass of DAW users. It will allow every boy and girl out there to start making quality music itb. :phones:
Every boy and girl out there can already make quality music, because there are a lot of good free synths. New toys don't make you a better musician. They may motivate you for a bit, but the motivation of "new" wears off quickly.

Further, nothing in Genesis Pro is new. It's all been done before. I'm sure it is going to be great, but it's not the second coming of the Music Production Gods.

izonin wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:14 pm
If you see price as a defining factor for revolutionary then maybe you should change your POW? Oh man dont be poor's soul. Price is being set for what developer thinks its worth and people pay what they think its worth. There are alot of great inexpensive synths or free ones that would fit your "regolutionary" list.
Last edited by Elektronisch on Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jbridge works fine for bridging 32bit plugins to 64bit.
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

Return to “Instruments”