[SOLVED] Manual assign of a MIDI knob ?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd like to assign a modulation source from the new MCCGenerator but without using a MIDI controller - is this possible ? The idea is to be able to modulate the Hi-Mid parameter using knob 1 CC 16.. All that's needed is to assign the corresponding Bitwig device knob so that it will react on input from CC16, that is, without using a MIDI keyboard. Possible ?

MCCGenerator-Bitwig-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mevla on Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Use the midi modulator assigned to whatever parameter you want to modulate

I know that MCCGenerator works since I've used it with the Icarus synth OSC 1 octave parameter which is already factory-assigned to a CC number.

Although when turning the CC2 Value knob on MCCGenerator, currently assigned to 'CC 016 - user knob 1' on the screen shot, Bitwig does not react at all and still waits for something to happen from an external keyboard I presume (not shown in the screen shot, just one step further)

Maybe I don't understand what you want to do or maybe I didn't explain clearly enough.
Put a midi modulator inside the modulator slot of white channel.
Set channel and cc number you want the midi modulator to receive on.
If MCCGenerator is on a different track use the inspector to send notes to white channel's track or put a note receiver in front of it.

Hope that helps.

Hi, it sounds like what you're describing could be useful although I'm very new to using the white channel and do not know what you mean by putting 'a midi modulator inside the modulator slot of white channel'. This is an audio track, so on the Bitwig side there are no MIDI modulators available for the channel. And the white channel itself does not seem to have any configuration menu.

I'm talking about the Bitwig modulators. You can use them on any device native or vst/i.
There's one called "midi" that allows to receive a CC and use it to modulate what you want.
If it's still not clear what I'm talking about, have a look at the manual or search a video on youtube.

Got it. It works. I often use the LFO modulators, never noticed there was a MIDI in there also. Thanks a lot !

Return to “Bitwig”