DrumComputer released!

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yokai wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:06 am
Rivanni wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:15 am
Yokai wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:18 pm Yeah, it's amazing for creating interesting (sounds and patterns) top loops. I basically mute channels 1, 2 and 5 (the kick, snare, and perc) and instead route the MIDI output from those sequencer lanes into the two kicks and the snare in XO. (The perc channel drives the 2nd "accent" kick in XO.)

So DC is running my two kicks and a snare over in another plugin entirely, so I can use "good" kick/snare sounds. DC is creating all the MIDI (combo of randomized and then hand-corrected especially for the kicks and snares), and then 5 channels out of DC are generating my top-loop sounds.
Great idea. I have XO too and tried to accomplish the same. Not working yet. Do you want to share your Bitwig setup for this as a project or preset?
Sure. My current project template has this all set up with the routing and whatnot. You can ignore the plugins you don't have. As long as you have XO and DC, you should be able to deconstruct what you need out of this. Just play the project transport and they'll both start going to town with turnarounds and fills and variations and errythang.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/brmy037b4v1hg ... e.zip?dl=0

Oh, and be sure to open the Note Receiver in the XO track and watch what happens when you switch between the two channels in the Note FX Selector.
DCXO.png
Thanks. Got it working. :tu:

mac16174 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:49 am Life could be easier if DrumComputer could play samples like a normal sampler :)
technically, the resynth module could act as a normal sampler. start position could be added as a parameter. I will try to implement that in the next update :)
best rico

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!

Drag and drop please out of the daw.
🙏

after a long time now back on it.

small question.

when i route the drum-computer sounds to different outputs, where again show these channels up in cubase? cannot find this right now

Sugar Bytes wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:08 am
mac16174 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:49 am Life could be easier if DrumComputer could play samples like a normal sampler :)
technically, the resynth module could act as a normal sampler. start position could be added as a parameter. I will try to implement that in the next update :)
best rico
Another update confirmed, fabulous, its a great drum synth but could always be better ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I am waiting for the “superclean” feature SB mentioned to me as an option for upcoming update that allows to ensure the quality of the sample being dragged in.

Macaron Afterparty wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:39 am I am waiting for the “superclean” feature SB mentioned to me as an option for upcoming update that allows to ensure the quality of the sample being dragged in.
Hi Macaron Afterparty,

actually, playing back a sample in its original sound with the latest version of DrumComputer from our homepage works fine for us. We've tried it here with several sample files and could not reproduce any remarkable sound differences. If your parameter settings of the sampler engine look like this, it should play the original sound without any problems:

1.jpg

Make sure that the Envelope Shape in DrumComputer's sampler is set to Natural and that the master effects (Finalizer) in the kit page of DrumComputer are not active!

If you still have problems, maybe send us an audio sample file as well as the related preset of Drumcomputer (to support@sugar-bytes.de) to see what exactly sounds different after loading your samples into the Sampler of DrumComputer and to get a better idea of how it sounds like on your end.

Best,
Nadine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”