Latest update: Syne v1.3.1 (April 18, 2022)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
musicdevelopments
KVRAF
Topic Starter
4758 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:24 am

Hi Vanilla Puff,

thank you for your input! I have many plans for Syne, which indeed has great potential. Today v1.2 was released with an FM module, and fixes for several bugs reported recently. Not everyone has a bad opinion about the UI. It is natural to add modules and connect them, with a clean layout of the signal (I mean partials) flow.
Some people prefer having all the modules on the screen in a fixed layout and connecting them by cables, but IMO this results a huge mess.
I am not sure what you mean by "partial count increase" (some computers render more than 30,000 partials) and "reduced noise" (there is zero noise when sines are summed and no aliasing).

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya, Syne and Fyler (NEW!)

nordickvr
KVRian
1453 posts since 29 Sep, 2013

Post Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:49 am

Hi Attila and thank you for the update!

I encountered a weird behaviour though.
V1.2 plays as expected in Logic X 10.4.8.
But, in Gig Performer 4.0.54 AU instance makes no sound.
VST behaves as expected, I an see the view meter moving, but no sound produced.
Could be Gig Performer issue though.

musicdevelopments
KVRAF
Topic Starter

Post Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:32 am

Hi nordickvr,

yes, I confirm the AU does not make sound in Gig Performer (I have v3.8.1). VST and VST3 works.
For some reason Gig Performer does not set up host channels in the plug-in.
The debug version immediately terminates with an error message because of this.
I'll contact them and we'll solve this issue.

Thanks for reporting it!
Attila
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya, Syne and Fyler (NEW!)

musicdevelopments
KVRAF
Topic Starter

Post Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:59 am

FYI I contacted the creators of Gig Performer, Deskew Technologies. They replied very quickly. An engineer is working on this issue. If all goes well, the fix will in the next beta, then in the next release. So Syne AU will soon work with Gig Performer.

EDIT: latest news: the fix is already added to Gig Performer. Well done! :clap:

Thanks,
Attila

Vanilla Puff
KVRer
2 posts since 13 Sep, 2021

Post Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:10 am

musicdevelopments wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:24 am Hi Vanilla Puff,

thank you for your input! I have many plans for Syne, which indeed has great potential. Today v1.2 was released with an FM module, and fixes for several bugs reported recently. Not everyone has a bad opinion about the UI. It is natural to add modules and connect them, with a clean layout of the signal (I mean partials) flow.
Some people prefer having all the modules on the screen in a fixed layout and connecting them by cables, but IMO this results a huge mess.
I am not sure what you mean by "partial count increase" (some computers render more than 30,000 partials) and "reduced noise" (there is zero noise when sines are summed and no aliasing).

Thanks,
Attila
Thanks for your response!
I'm glad you are making big improvements and responding to stupid people like me.
The first thing I try to make with every new synth is a kick. And that's where all my criticism stemmed from. UI is mainly subjective thing if it is fuctional. There are lot of routing aspects that I really missed.
The sound being completely void of any noise.. Well thats just not true. Playing a single partial in partial editor, yields, what sounds like an alias noise, at - 80 to - 70dB above 2k right up to nyquist frequency.
Thanks again for reading these.

musicdevelopments
KVRAF
Topic Starter

Post Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:43 am

Syne 1.3.0 is available now with Apple M1 support, and a new UI engine in the standalone version (soon in the plug-ins too) with retina display support.

Charlie Firpo
KVRist
198 posts since 22 Feb, 2005

Post Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:28 am

I downloaded the latest release. No more crashes in Cubase. Wow, i'm having so much fun exploring syne and i like the core sound. Please continue to let Syne evolve. I think you're on to something really good here. Thumbs up!

musicdevelopments
KVRAF
Topic Starter

Post Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:38 am

Hi Charlie,

thanks for your kind words!
I wish more people realize the potential in Syne... ;)

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”