Uhbik 2.0 public alpha 02, rev. 9629 (Catalina ready)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:48 pm
e@rs wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:46 pm Is it possible to change the 'Uhbik-one letter' names to something less confusing in the future update?
Unfortunately that breaks existing projects. Many hosts identify plug-ins by their names, not just by their IDs... :-/
Sooo, if one were to manually change the names before any projects are created, would that have any adverse affects?
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

No. It only affects existing projects since they save the data required to load it correctly. That includes the loaded VST's and if you then move a VST's location, the project can't load that VST. Then the DAW should throw up an error saying it can't be found and ask you to locate it.

The latest alpha versions VST3s do not work in Reason. GUIs function, but there's no output.

I confirm _
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

Will Uhbik 2 be released in CLAP format?

fceramic wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:05 am Will Uhbik 2 be released in CLAP format?
Eventually I'm sure. When? Probably will be a while.

Please make the UHBiks layout easier to assign to a row of 8 knobs and 8 sliders like most midi controllers have.

Considering the fact that u-he claimed they were releasing this in 2020, my faith that we will even see it this year is waning...
https://www.facebook.com/uheplugins/pos ... 064063263/

I also bought the Uhbiks believing they will be updated soon...
Used them on a couple of tracks... but now I don't even have them installed anymore.
When I got a new Mac mini I didn't even bother to install them
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

I think we were hopefully clever enough to not set any precise ETA, but I'd much rather have finished this in 2020 than dealt with the fall out of a global pandemic :?

It's all good Urs...... It will be done whenever you're ready. :)
Then I'll reinstall and be using them Uhbiks like nothing ever happened
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

I stopped using them as well, and i miss them

Once Filterscape is out, they'll be the top priority of the team. This shouldn't be too far away, and then hopefully we can do a larger drop of builds and maybe even another alpha of this, not sure...

One of the main showstoppers in Uhbik were the EQ visualisations that took way too much CPU. That's something that I managed to leverage among Uhbik, Filterscape and Z3 development, where I used the waveform editor in Zebra to create fast rendering visualisations of EQ curves. This should be easy now... I guess...

Will there be a linux alpha or beta of the much anticipated Uhbik 2.0 anytime soon ?
The original posting was hinting back in 2019 that: "Linux version will hopefully arrive soon, it needs a few more fixes first."

I have been very patient......

Please read Urs's answer just above your post. We will continue work on Uhbik once the Filterscape update has been released.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Return to “u-he”