Come back from the dead!

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's it about time for EnergyXT to come back from the dead?
It's just so much easier than any other DAW that I have tried for composing constellations of plugins. I try to use Kushview Element for this today, but even that doesn't really get to the speed and ergonomic efficiency of EnergyXT.

+1
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Last edited by codec_spurt on Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by codec_spurt on Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

No more updates = dead
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

It's still my favourite DAW to use as a portable application.. but the nastiest thing that killed it off for 'real' projects is that it somehow has corrupted its projects. I can no longer load some of the larger projects (for me - 20 tracks, most are VST, some are audio).. So we really need some tool to 'validate' the file formats... and/or to deal with things like using the project on a single-monitor system when the last session was on a multi-monitor system.

Quite a shame.. because it was a grand DAW...

i use XT2 2.7 and i love it as is. it already does everything i need
to make music i like. and i have found the plugins i like to use with it so
i dont care that it is not being developed, much as i dont care that windows XP is no longer developed. i run EXT2 2.7 under winxp sp3 x32
and it suits me perfect. just love the combo.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

ozboomer wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:35 am
Quite a shame.. because it was a grand DAW...
speak for yourself.. for me it STILL is grand. :party:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Hi,

I agree... please come back from the dead! Even just with 64bit support and a fresh Linux build..

I'm in love with eXT all over again...

For years I distributed the Linux eXT version all ready to use with JACK utilities and loads of plugins in AV Linux, unfortunately the Linux version had some stability problems and running an external 32bit Linux binary on a 64bit Linux is not a trivial thing to do so it drifted away with time...

In the years between an eternal wait for MIDI stability and improvements to Ardour and as new faces like BitWig and Reaper have come to native Linux I thought I might as well forget all about EnergyXT but I'm not a huge Reaper fan (don't why... I just can't get into it)... BitWig is SO seriously for in-depth tweakers and not very intuitive that it's about a decade over my head and Ardour is all focused on great new killer Audio features and a rewrite of it's Audio engine but MIDI continues to languish and for me it's MIDI is unusable so...

I recalled my old friend EnergyXT and thought I'd give the Windows build of 3.0 in Wine and it's everything I'd hoped and more!! Runs seamlessly in Wine on 64bit Linux systems (with 32bit Wine Libs installed) very fast very stable and the best part... almost every 32bit WinVST I've tried works fabulously... SKnote, FabFilter, Melda, U-he, OvertoneDSP, GSi and the tried and true classics like Voxengo, GVst, Kjaerhus all running with no problems. The quickness and simplicity and economy of screen real estate should be brought to the attention of many of new developers as a lesson in screen space usage..

I don't know Jorgen... however when I asked his permission to distribute the Linux build in AV Linux he responded right away and gave his blessing. When I read over some of the posts in this forum I'm appalled at the language and comments that were directed at him by many users, I wouldn't blame him or be surprised if he never looked at this forum again. EnergyXT is an absolute power-packed and value-filled marvel even now and sadly (especially in Linux) there is a massive void for a light, fast, intuitive (and affordable) MIDI sequencer that scales so well from your looping beginner to your experienced producer..

AVLinux wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:34 pmWhen I read over some of the posts in this forum I'm appalled at the language and comments that were directed at him by many users, I wouldn't blame him or be surprised if he never looked at this forum again.
While I agree on the “some posters are being whiny gits”, this is glossing over a lot of legitimate criticism.

farlukar wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:04 pm this is glossing over a lot of legitimate criticism.
The major one being the long periods of radio silence...without that, things might be very different right now.

From their shop:

energyXT - full version
- Install license on all your machines (PC and Mac)
- Get 400 drum loops and 32 multi-sampled instruments
- Receive free updates
- e-mail delivery

hmmm...not so good. I thought it will be regulary updated.. :shrug:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:41 pm From their shop:

energyXT - full version
- Install license on all your machines (PC and Mac)
- Get 400 drum loops and 32 multi-sampled instruments
- Receive free updates
- e-mail delivery

hmmm...not so good. I thought it will be regulary updated.. :shrug:
It was free updates if you were there early enough.

I bought it for 29 euros when it was at 1.36 and never paid another cent after that right up until today.

I still use it all the time (version 3) and I consider it the best software deal I ever made.

Thanks Jorgen :tu:

farlukar wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:04 pm
AVLinux wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:34 pmWhen I read over some of the posts in this forum I'm appalled at the language and comments that were directed at him by many users, I wouldn't blame him or be surprised if he never looked at this forum again.
While I agree on the “some posters are being whiny gits”, this is glossing over a lot of legitimate criticism.
I don't doubt there were issues on both sides, if one of the largest issues is a lack of communication from the developer then I don't know many other situations in life (lol especially married life) where the solution to someone not speaking to you is berating them for not speaking to you..

Some criticism is warranted of the product and the support I'm sure but questioning someone's integrity or calling them names is usually not moving in the direction of improving things .. Despite the flaws EnergyXT has had an incredible shelf life in the software world and it's asking price was a fraction of what many single plugins are now. I do hope Jorgen knows what he's done right (and what he could improve) and that in this tiny little backwater of KVR land there is still some hunger and optimism for EnergyXT..

Last edited by codec_spurt on Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “energyXT”