Are you fat and out of shape?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->
harryupbabble
KVRAF
1789 posts since 20 Mar, 2012 from Babbleon

Post Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:41 pm

vurt wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:12 am
not saying im out of shape, but i lost my breath and went dizzy. twice, reading jaces post :o
i like reading jace's posts. i can relate to some of it.

sleep problem, poverty, cat chores, noise pollution in summer, waiting for computers to finish tasks, boredom, back problems (not as bad), etc.

his vocab is delicious too. and so is yours, mr british dude. :)
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

telecode
KVRAF
1523 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Re: Are you fat and out of shape?

Post Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:33 am

Yup. Agreed. Jace-BeOS's post was a very good and real post. It's the kind of stuff many people just prefer to turn a blind eye to and not think about. It doesn't fit with the Instagram and Facebook tinged and messed up society we exist in where only the cool, fun and happy things are presented front and center.

The reality is, you need to be rich, rich as in above average income, in order to afford to eat healthy. Up here in Canadiland where I live, trips to Costco or Whole Foods to buy only healthy food for one week for a family of 4 will easily run you between $500 to $1000 per week -- depending on what you buy. You need an income and you need motivation to be healthy and lose weight. If you don't have the income you need to look for an alternative -- but you should still able to survive without having to resort to Big Macs and Kraft cheeses.

In my case, I am sort of a little above averagely employed in a stable organization, so I am fully aware of the luxury I have of being able to go to gym during my lunch and eat at my desk. **

Things that have changed in my life in last 10 years which have resulted in me being lighter.
- no more Tim Hortons breakfasts and those bagel BLT sandwitches and muffins.
- i do eat cereal but only 100% bran -- the brown stuff that tastes like crap.
- no cow milk. i just drink the almond stuff.
- fast food such as burgers and what not eliminated by 90% compared to 10 years ago.
- no beer or wine. i drink tequila.

My only achillies heel is chips and alcohol. The chips is easy to not eat. Just don't buy the bag when you are in store. There will be no chips to snack on at home. The alcohol i can't give up. I only do it weekends only. I figure I will work it off during the week. you got to live a little. in 100 years you will be dead and buried and no one will know you even existed.

** I also don't have crazy bullshit stress or deadlines anymore. Mind you, I used to have them when I worked in ad agency and startups which are basically bullshitter organizations driven by sales people to pull in as much as money as possible as fast as possible at the full expense of disposable employees on hand. Luckily I got out of that. It's a young mans game. I firmly believe the older you get, the better you are at handling stress but it affects your health internally much more. As you age, you need to maneuver your way into less physical and less stressful employment as your body is not the same as it was when you were in your 20s and 30s.

vurt
addled muppet weed
57335 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:00 am

yeah, wasnt really a comment about what he said.

instead, a joke about it being quite long and being unfit enough to pass out reading it...

(cant believe that even needed explaining tbh)
[ill go back to knob gags]

harryupbabble
KVRAF
1789 posts since 20 Mar, 2012 from Babbleon

Post Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:19 pm

ooops sorry vurt. i meant nothing bad with that.

internet communication is hard. the last person i would want to offend is you. i love your posts, man.

makes the morning better. something to look forward to. makes kvr better. lotsa giggles. british flavour.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Return to “Off Topic”