Ableton Live 10 does not pass SysEx to VST Plugins

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some progress to report! :)

Successfully loaded ES-5 Controller into vst~, once I worked out how to format plug args with the right id. Works well, except no SysEx.

I mean, there's SysEx coming in . . . but it appears I'm going to have to build some plumbing to parse or process the input? Hmmm.

Well, further forward than before and I'm happy that the biggest roadblock seems to be "I haven't figured it out yet" as opposed to "can't be done".

Sad to report that what I have figured out is . . . it can't be done as vst~ doesn't see sysex, or doesn't get passed sysex in. This deadends it from an end user position I think.

On the other hand, the Max External for ES-5 sees sysex just fine but doesn't know what to do with it, which suggests the solution lies in a Max External with the ES-5 MIDI bits included.

I know I'm repeating myself now, but Os - could you indicate one way or the other if that's feasible and or likely, please?

I'm pretty unhappy with how Live and Max / M4L relegate sysex but it at least looks like you have the tools to remedy the situation for your MIDI hardware users working in Live.

Hope to get some input from you, cheers!

It's feasible but I don't see myself getting to it any time soon, sorry.

os wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:53 am It's feasible
Yay, silver lining!
os wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:53 am It's feasible but I don't see myself getting to it any time soon, sorry.
Cloud . . . forecast uncertain.

Hopefully I can persuade you it's a good idea and will likely seek to do so once I've ahhh . . . mastered my disappointment. :hihi: :x :help:

Return to “Expert Sleepers”