ES-3 ports 3 and 6

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm sending ADAT from a Focusrite 18i20 via Ableton Live. I'm sending CV on individual channels (not stereo). This works fine for ports 1,2,4,5,7,8, but ports 3 and 6 are both sending out CV together. I need to use each port individually for CV signals. I've tried many different configuration changes but I can't get it to work.

In the 18i20, I've configured ADAT ports 1-8 to send from DAW ports 13-20. In the DAW I've enabled mono ports 13-20, and these are the ports I use, individually.

The samplerate on the Focusrite is 44.1 kHz, but I tried the other options also. I also ran Voltage Modular in stand alone mode. Same problem.

Can you post a screenshot of the Focusrite control panel/mixer?

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 6.58.57 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Here are the signals on ES-3 ports 3 and 6. Also, if I swap the ADAT ports in focusrite control, the problem always remains on ADAT output ports 3/4 and 5/6. Meaning, it doesn't matter what software playback ports I use on those ADAT output ports. I'm using the LFO CV source in Ableton.

This is the output using port 16:
DS1Z_QucikPrint4.png
Port 17 (only the port changed, nothing else):
DS1Z_QucikPrint3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If both of those signals are supposed to be sine waves, looks like you have a hardware issue. What version of ES-3 is this? Was it bought new?

MK4. Purchased new in the past 2 weeks.

Talk to the store then. Would you mind letting me know where you got it?

Perfectcircuit. I suppose this could be a Focusrite issue, but I doubt it, and I don't have another ADAT device I can use to test that theory.

I finally got a replacement ES-3. The problem is solved. I also got a new ES-6 with a broken port 5, but I was able to solve it myself by bending the pin inside the connector.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”