newbie day 1 : can't get audio to my computer headphones waveform 10

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I jsut bought Wavefrom 10, I have a novation keyboard and its asio driver - so audio is asio, novation driver. So all is fine and I hear the output when I have to hook up headphones to that novation keyboard. In my other music systems, I am able route the output audio to my computer headphones ( as then I can hear tutorials and such) but I can't find a way to do that in the audio setup with just has default wave output written under output channels and can't be changed. I am on win10. any thoghts -- thanks as it is hard to follow tutorials and learn as now I need a 2 different headphones in ears.

Have a look here, it takes a while to get into the nitty gritty, but might help.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B3V8QGNj0w
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

ASIO drivers tend to be better optimized and have lower latency (delays), but sometimes have the side-effect of "hijacking" the audio output device or running in exclusive mode, which means no other device can use the output Waveform is set to.

Try setting to just Windows Audio, which may have some lag (depending on the audio card and system) but it does allow Windows audio to mix internal sounds and Waveform output. You can always go back, and reselect ASIO drivers afterward when not running tutorials. NOTE you may want to "reset device" when you switch back to ASIO.

The ASIO control panel may have options as well, depending on the specific ASIO driver you are using.
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

It difficult to tell what you're trying to do. Do you want to hear the audio generated by your keyboard within Waveform? If so, you need to add an audio input to a track, check that "Live Input Monitoring" is turned on that audio input, and possibly also arm the input for recording.

If that's not what you're trying to do ... what are you trying to do?
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

True, I did kind of wonder why a keyboard would include an ASIO driver... ASIO is an audio output driver, typically for a DAW. I sort of assumed it was because it was part of the bundle that often comes with a controller keyboard - and that bundle often includes a license for an intro version of some DAW.

sdipaola - exactly what are you trying to achieve, and which keyboard is it? Are you generating MIDI from the keyboard and using VST's, or is it a full synth and you're trying to record the audio?
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Return to “Tracktion”