64 bit vst's not importing into 64bit Mulab V8

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I decided to start using 64bit Mulab. Downloaded some purchased vst effects from plugin alliance but they will not import into the vst library. Keep getting error messages (see snapshot)

Most of threse these vsts work fine as 32bit and those dll's are still in situ in another folder for 32bit mulab.

I downloaded the 64bit vst2 type effects from Plugin Alliance.

I used the download and install functionality of the plugin alliance client app. Seemed to install all the dll's ok.

Any ideas folks?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I MAKE FREE MUX SYNTHS

I think that's a question for Plugin Alliance. Sounds like a missing DLL their plugins use. Please forward this info to Plugin Alliance.

I've sent a question to Plugin Alliance but I am quite used to seeing only one DLL per VST2 from PA. and the 32bit ones work with only one DLL like SPL Vitalizer MK2 unless there's a stealth install of other one's.
I MAKE FREE MUX SYNTHS

I still haven't heard from PA. I've tried to install using a download rather than the PA client way but still the same problem. Wondering where I'll be if PA say the the DLLs are correct.

Does anyone else here use 64bit DLLs from plugin alliance with Mulab?

Can someone try downloading a demo from PA of a 64bit plugin to see if it loads into the vst manager ok? You'll need to create a PA account first. It's great plugin resource anyway.

Could be an issue with my Lenovo laptop. Need to rule out that possibility.

Any help welcome.
I MAKE FREE MUX SYNTHS

I am on Win 64 bit and bx_SubSynth and other plugins from PluginAlliance works O.K here.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

this is very perplexing.

sbj, do you also have Mulab 8 32bit installed on your pc or do you just have 64bit installed?

I'm thinking registry conflicts..that sort of thing.
I MAKE FREE MUX SYNTHS

I also have a 64bit Windows 10 laptop but its the 64bit version of Mulab 8 I'm having problems with. I was previously using 32bit Mulab and the Subsynth 32bit plugin trial worked fine. But now PA only seem to deploy 64bit plugins and I cant get the 64bit plugins into Mulab 64bit!!

Message says "not a recognised vst"
I MAKE FREE MUX SYNTHS

Just tried another 64bit demo...WTF!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I MAKE FREE MUX SYNTHS

You've an apostrophe in the directory path (64 bit VST's) -- try removing it and see if that makes any difference.

didn't make a difference. downloaded a vst checker app and it reports the same problem :x
I MAKE FREE MUX SYNTHS

FSM77 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:21 pm sbj, do you also have Mulab 8 32bit installed on your pc or do you just have 64bit installed?
I'm using 64 bit Mulab (newest version 8.4.8.)
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

can someone help by
1) download bx_boom 64bit from plugin alliance
2) check if it works with mulab 64bit
3) if it does work get the MD5 hash for the dll
4) I compare to my dll's MD5 hash incase my downloads are getting corrupted in some way.
I MAKE FREE MUX SYNTHS

https://www.febooti.com/downloads/
Scroll down to Hash & SRC, download and install the exe (its safe)
Right click properties for file and select Hash/CRC
I MAKE FREE MUX SYNTHS

sbj wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:48 pm
FSM77 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:21 pm sbj, do you also have Mulab 8 32bit installed on your pc or do you just have 64bit installed?
I'm using 64 bit Mulab (newest version 8.4.8.)

Just thought could you MD5 Hash the subsynth dll file you have?
I'm using 8.3.3 at the moment.
I MAKE FREE MUX SYNTHS

right stand down!!!
found legacy 32 bit dll for Subsynth on PA's legacy downloads page (of all places) and it works fine. so I'm ditching 64bit for now :party:
I MAKE FREE MUX SYNTHS

Return to “MUTOOLS”