Shreddage SRP phase issues

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks.

I use Shreddage SRP for music production and I always have a bit of phase on guitars.

My rhythm parts are identical except for some single notes used for harmonization.
So I never use the stereo double function.
Instead I open 2 instances of Kontakt, one for the left rhythm guitar and one for the right guitar, both panned 80l and 80r. Usually I use different amps and cabs for left and right tracks, but now I'm working on a song that uses same amp for left and right rhythm guitars (with different cabs) cause I need a Peavey sound.

As I mentioned I always have some phase problems and I dont know how to get rid of this annoying issue. Hitting the rr button solves the problem at the moment, but after a short time, phase appears again.

Is there any way to avoid this? IE, using guitar 3\4, 1\4, 2\3, 1\3 etc instead of guitars 1\2 for left\right guitars?

would like to take this opportunity to ask at what point is the new S3 guitar! Thanks.

Yeah try shuffling about which out of four multitrack guitars are used for your L/R, and also if you're not using anti-repetition, try that as well.

do I have to disdable anti-repetition for both the guitars?

what's the point of having anti-repetition if you can disable it to avoid phase problems? Also, I tought it was recommended to disable it when quadtracking. :shrug:

great support for the customers, as ever.

Ah, I'm super-yped too for Hydra. Lol.

I'm out of office so I can't double-check this, but you should be able to avoid any issues by using guitars 1/4 and disabling anti-repetition. Although in my experience using guitars 1/2 WITH anti-repetition has 0 issues..
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Most of ISW is at NAMM now, so please understand replies could take some time.

so, they have the time to open a post to publicize Hydra and they haven't time to help customers? great.

viewtopic.php?f=176&t=537955

this was opened on 13th January. No replies.

My question is: what's the point of this space if no one cares to help customers cause "he's at NAMM"?

Well you got the reply from me on the same day you opened your thread within an hour? When you replied though I was offline, because timezones. Have some understanding.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”