Omnisphere 2 slow interface

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 2

Does omnisphere need extra fast video card or something?
I’m using onboard graphics,
Running latest updates.

But omnisphere is the only plugin that has laggy interface,
it takes about 3-4 seconds to switch between parts,
and even longer when selecting categories in the browser.
Last edited by pluton on Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I had the same issue when I first installed Omnisphere. Only way I could get rid of the lag was to click on utility and change the magnify window to 1.

My 5 year old computer uses the Intel video chip on the motherboard, with no problems; 16 gigs memory. How much memory do you have?

mrsugmad wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:01 am My 5 year old computer uses the Intel video chip on the motherboard, with no problems; 16 gigs memory. How much memory do you have?
I have 32GB of memory

Whenever I update Omnisphere, it becomes laggy as hell. This is remedied by restarting my computer.

Does it lag when run in standalone mode or only as a plugin? I had a problem originally which was due to my DAW (Cubase) running in compatibility mode for Windows 7 (or 8 - can't remember for sure). Switching off compatibility mode fixed it for me.

jazzkat wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:42 am I had the same issue when I first installed Omnisphere. Only way I could get rid of the lag was to click on utility and change the magnify window to 1.
Mine was already set at 1 but I tried different magnification settings, didn't help.

andrew71 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:35 pm Does it lag when run in standalone mode or only as a plugin? I had a problem originally which was due to my DAW (Cubase) running in compatibility mode for Windows 7 (or 8 - can't remember for sure). Switching off compatibility mode fixed it for me.
It's also laggy in standalone mode as well

I have seen this mentioned elsewhere. I don't think they have figured it out.
I am on both mac and pc and have never had this issue.
What did they say?
Sorry it is happening to you.
rsp
sound sculptist

With the data on a sata, I actually find Omni quite responsive as compared to many of the other similar VST's.
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

grdh20 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:09 pm With the data on a sata, I actually find Omni quite responsive as compared to many of the other similar VST's.
I'm actually on NVME m.2 SSD, and have these issues.
but I dont think drive has anything to do with since samples are loading with a reasonable speed,
but the GUI is whats slow

The Spectrasonics GUI's being open cause the GUI's in all my DAWs to lag. Reaper, Cubase, Studio One, will all have terribly slow framerates as long as Omnisphere or Keyscape are open. This is on Windows 10 x64. GPU is an AMD Radeon R7 200 series with 1GB of RAM, so nothing insanely high spec'd, but I also can't think of anything overtly complex happening with Omnisphere's GUI that should also tax anything that much.

Very odd, I work with omnisphere all the time in Nuendo on Windows 10 when I work on my PC and never noticed the lag and yes I do keep my GUI's open until I move on to the next instrument etc.
I think it happens on some configurations but not all.
rsp
sound sculptist

viewtopic.php?p=7301885#p7301885

Although I imagine by now whatever version they give him to test is now released.
But can't hurt to contact them and mention this, if you haven't already.

rsp
sound sculptist

double post
Last edited by pluton on Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”