Is anyone successfully using Papen Punch 2 with Bitwig?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

flechtwerk wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:02 pm Ah! I haven't tried that yet, but I will. Otherwise it's running fine, Bitwig might still freeze for some seconds when i'm changing presets (guess it's too many parameter changes at the same time), but it's not too disturbing.
I took a look at it with the Demo of "Punch 2". I can reproduce the freeze of the UI I am suspecting that the problem is the copy protection and count down of the plugin. This has nothing to do with the amount of parameters of the plugin, which is actually not that high and in the beginning there is no single remote parameter mapped at all.
So, I guess if you get the full version it will work fine.

Oh, I shall give it a try! And thanks a lot for your wonderful work with the controller scripts, it's highly appreciated.

Unfortunately, the problem persists with me in the full version. It works fine without the Ableton Push extension, but as soon as that is installed, Bitwig freezes for a long time as soon as I open Punch 2.

Hello all,

Bitwig and Studio One use for more time to load Punch-2,

Quote from Jon Ayres our programmer:
---------
AFAIK , It’s just the way that Bitwigs works with parameters, Punch 2 has a large number (8 x bigger than anything else we use), so it takes a long time for it to go through all these parameters.

Other hosts, such as Cubase, Logic etc don’t deal with these parameters the same was as Bitwig, so don’t have this issue. What exactly Bitwig does, I don’t know.

Personally I can’t see any solution to this that won’t cause other bigger issues, such as songs not loading in because there are a different number of parameters,
------------

Punch-2 with all the synthesis models, features is a big program. We shall drop an email to Bitwig.

Best,
Rob
www.robpapen.com

"Inspiration SoundWare"

Hi,

In general, I need to catch up on creating more tutorials about Punch-2.
Such a deep drum machine. Recently we added the color pad option and therefore the manual is still beta. Since we still are adding features. It is by far the biggest project we ever did.

Tutorials help users allot.
The ones already available are:

About Drag and Drop and how to work with own samples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcVoNHx ... ZV&index=3

About the colored pad option:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqa9vKb ... ZV&index=4

In case people use Komplete Kontrol / Machine (NKS)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATfkP4d ... ZV&index=5

The next planned video is about the FX modes of Punch-2 and the Multi Output features.

Best,
Rob
www.robpapen.com

"Inspiration SoundWare"

Rob Papen wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:53 am
Punch-2 with all the synthesis models, features is a big program. We shall drop an email to Bitwig.
Discovering Punch-2 as part of Explorer 8 and loving it so far. I never had the push 2 controller but I do have a few issues with Punch 2. It crashes regularly if I am cycling through the presets while playing. Also some time the UI freeze for a very short while (I am an m2 pro so maybe it helps at being short).

These (relative) instability and the very aged UI are in fact hiding a power house of a drum synth. The drum synthesis is really awesome and the concept of drum machine with groove is not short from genius... I think the world deserves a Punch 2.1 (bug free) or even a Punch 3 with refined UI.

I'd love a better UI as well, it is an offence to the eyes :)

I don't get any crashes, I'm on Intel here though.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

BobDog wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:30 pm I'd love a better UI as well, it is an offence to the eyes :)

I don't get any crashes, I'm on Intel here though.
Intel and Bitwig ?

Yep.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Return to “Bitwig”