2020... Stuck Note Bug Still Exists? Really?

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please fix this asap.

Changing to the next or previous preset should internally shut off any playing notes. Period. If I change presets with the mouse, turn off the previous note that is still playing!

The stuck notes problem... argh... I dread loading Spire. :x

Ableton 10.x, Windows 10, this bug has been here for years.

In some cases, loading a new bank doesn't turn this off either. The only way to kill it is to reload Spire by deleting the VST and reloading it. :/

Why why why?

Hi!

Please make sure that you are running the latest Spire build - 4141
You can check the build version by clicking "Menu>About".

If the problem still persists please send all the necessary information using this form:
https://www.reveal-sound.com/plug-ins/s ... e-base/321

Thanks!

4142 build, issue still there (OSX, VST). this drives me crazy

Still happening...

Ableton 10x
Reveal Spire 1.1.16 x64 Build 4142

ugh

I have to use automation in track to bypass Spire plugin in those bars where should not play. It is related to arpeggiator

I have the problem too. Logic, Ableton , Studio One. Stuck notes in all DAWs. The only fix is to delete the synth and add it back.

paulmatthew wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:44 pm I have the problem too. Logic, Ableton , Studio One. Stuck notes in all DAWs. The only fix is to delete the synth and add it back.
Hi!

We are working on a fix for Ableton, but for other DAWs the problem does not reproduce.

Please provide the detailed info to support@reveal-sound.com and we will do our best to find the solution.

Hi Team Reveal Sound!

I have supplied a reproduction of a note-stuck issue om Ableton to you on email with a link to the affected project.

The issue reproduces 100% of the time in the same location and I haven't yet found a workaround.

arbux wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:59 pm Hi Team Reveal Sound!

I have supplied a reproduction of a note-stuck issue om Ableton to you on email with a link to the affected project.

The issue reproduces 100% of the time in the same location and I haven't yet found a workaround.
Hi!

The version you were using(as specified in your report) is outdated so please check your email inbox and install the latest built - 4178 :tu:

Thanks!

I can confirm that last update definitely fixed the issue

I can confirm that I still get stuck notes with the latest update. It hangs even when the master sequencer is not playing. Resuming and stopping playback doesn't help. Quickest fix I've found in Logic Pro is to copy and paste the channel strip setting.

https://youtu.be/G4hqh6w7krE
MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2.5 GHz i7, Logic Pro X, RME Babyface

Please send the project file with the reproducible stuck notes issue to support@reveal-sound.com.

Thanks!

I will as soon as I figure how to reproduce it reliably. It just seems to happen randomly.
MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2.5 GHz i7, Logic Pro X, RME Babyface

Try changing your buffer size and see if it fixes it. For me a lot of these issues were buffer related. It sucks to increase buffer size, but that fixed it for me with other programs.

Return to “Reveal Sound”