The Blacksmith of Baghdad Parts 1 - 5

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Googly Smythe
KVRAF
2681 posts since 12 May, 2011 from Albion

Post Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:32 pm

5 short, metal-tinged tracks recorded with much the same instrumentation, certainly all the same processing (guitars in all tracks all use the same amp sims, same processors on the mixbus etc). There's the occasional middle-eastern influence (cultural, rather than religious).
Parts 4 and 5 are a bit new-agey, not really metal, although they still have Sheddage and the Les Paul vstis.

Plugins:
HALion
AmpleSound AGLP, AGY, ABJF
Shreddage 3 (Jupiter)
EastWest Silk, Ra, Voices Of Empire
GrooveAgent 4
Plugin Alliance E channel, Acme Opticom XLA-3, Alpha, Museq, XL, SIR Clipper, T-Racks Brickwall Limiter
Satin
Valhalla VintageVerb
&tc...
Enjoy! :tu: :party:

https://soundcloud.com/googly-smythe/se ... volume-one

Edit:
Part 3 was posted a few weeks ago - this is the same track but remixed, most notably the removal of the flanging and the addition of some drum fills.
Bandcamp - Soundcloud
What is life without a little whimsy?

wagtunes
KVRAF
18155 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: The Blacksmith of Baghdad Parts 1 - 5

Post Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:15 pm

Cool stuff. Very different from what I'm used to hearing around this place. It does have kind of a mid eastern feel to it in a quirky kind of way. Isn't the East West stuff just great? I have almost everything they've put out, especially the ethnic stuff.

Very well done. :tu:

kryptonaut
KVRian
748 posts since 25 Apr, 2011

Re: The Blacksmith of Baghdad Parts 1 - 5

Post Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:28 am

I enjoyed that a lot - and then went on to re-visit your '1968' set, which I also enjoyed a lot! Lots of nice stuff happening :)

Return to “Music Cafe”