The Blacksmith of Baghdad Parts 1 - 5

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

5 short, metal-tinged tracks recorded with much the same instrumentation, certainly all the same processing (guitars in all tracks all use the same amp sims, same processors on the mixbus etc). There's the occasional middle-eastern influence (cultural, rather than religious).
Parts 4 and 5 are a bit new-agey, not really metal, although they still have Sheddage and the Les Paul vstis.

Plugins:
HALion
AmpleSound AGLP, AGY, ABJF
Shreddage 3 (Jupiter)
EastWest Silk, Ra, Voices Of Empire
GrooveAgent 4
Plugin Alliance E channel, Acme Opticom XLA-3, Alpha, Museq, XL, SIR Clipper, T-Racks Brickwall Limiter
Satin
Valhalla VintageVerb
&tc...
Enjoy! :tu: :party:

https://soundcloud.com/googly-smythe/se ... volume-one

Edit:
Part 3 was posted a few weeks ago - this is the same track but remixed, most notably the removal of the flanging and the addition of some drum fills.

Cool stuff. Very different from what I'm used to hearing around this place. It does have kind of a mid eastern feel to it in a quirky kind of way. Isn't the East West stuff just great? I have almost everything they've put out, especially the ethnic stuff.

Very well done. :tu:

I enjoyed that a lot - and then went on to re-visit your '1968' set, which I also enjoyed a lot! Lots of nice stuff happening :)

Cool mix of stuff all welded together nicely.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

wagtunes wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:15 am Cool stuff. Very different from what I'm used to hearing around this place. It does have kind of a mid eastern feel to it in a quirky kind of way. Isn't the East West stuff just great? I have almost everything they've put out, especially the ethnic stuff.

Very well done. :tu:
Apologies for the tardy response :oops:
Thanks for listening and commenting. :tu:
I've loved the mix of East and West ever since I first heard it tentatively introduced in Norwegian Wood and full blown with The Moody Blues' In Search Of The Lost Chord - mellotrons and sitars, a heady mixture!
And yes, the EastWest (no pun etc intended, here!) stuff is good. I started a sub in the Black Friday/Christmas sale and it started the creative juices flowing again.

kryptonaut wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:28 pm I enjoyed that a lot - and then went on to re-visit your '1968' set, which I also enjoyed a lot! Lots of nice stuff happening :)
Again, apologies for the tardy response :oops:
Thanks, also, for listening and commenting.
The 1968 stuff is a kind of "labour of love" for me, so thanks for liking my efforts. Much appreciated. :tu:

CrystalWizard wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:37 pm Cool mix of stuff all welded together nicely.
Thanks for listening and commenting. :tu:

As a side note, I "recorded" all five in a five day period in the first week of Jan - then I got the 'flu. I was hoping to do an album's worth, so that put the kibosh on that. Hey ho. Parts 6 and 7 are in the works. "We shall see what we shall see!"

Return to “Music Cafe”