MSoundFactory - Default Velocity curve

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Buckster
KVRist
122 posts since 27 Nov, 2016

Post Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:31 am

Has anyone else noticed a slightly odd velocity curve as default ? I seem to get fairly quiet sounds for most velocities up to about medium hard then a sudden jump to much louder sounds at harder velocities ?

I can only imagine it's a slightly non normal velocity curve as a default as I don't have this issue on any other VST ?

Is there a way to globally set a velocity curve for MSoundFactory please ?

Separate issue but I also find a MASSIVE difference in volume between many of the standard patches - some feel like >10db difference which makes for hard work when browsing patches

Many thanks

Tagirijus
KVRian
772 posts since 28 Jun, 2006 from Germany

Re: MSoundFactory - Default Velocity curve

Post Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:43 am

Buckster wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:31 am
Has anyone else noticed a slightly odd velocity curve as default ? I seem to get fairly quiet sounds for most velocities up to about medium hard then a sudden jump to much louder sounds at harder velocities ?
Maybe you could give us some screencapture or similar so that we can better experience your problem? At the moment I can only say that I did not noticed some odd velocity curves or so yet.

Buckster wrote:
You can change the velocity curve in the "advanced settings" on the globals tab of MSF:
2020-02-06_13-41-21.gif
Buckster wrote:
Separate issue but I also find a MASSIVE difference in volume between many of the standard patches - some feel like >10db difference which makes for hard work when browsing patches
Could you also give some more specific information regarding the device and presets you are talking about? Normally we device and preset designers try to normalize the loudness of each single preset.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / FL Studio

Tagirijus.de

ANAFREE
KVRer
25 posts since 4 Jan, 2018

Post Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:56 am

Buckster wrote:

I can only imagine it's a slightly non normal velocity curve as a default as I don't have this issue on any other VST ?

Many thanks
+1 same here

MeldaProduction
KVRAF
11918 posts since 15 Mar, 2008 from Czech republic

Post Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:01 am

There's nothing specific about the velocity curve really, linear by default. dB scale used for volume adjustment.
Vojtech - MeldaProduction

teilo
KVRist
430 posts since 30 Mar, 2008

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:17 am

Buckster wrote:

Many thanks
The main issue with the curve is that it's linear, but your ears do not respond to amplitude in a linear fashion.

But I agree. Most velocity curves are logarithmic by default. I have to change the velocity curve of nearly every patch I use in MSF.
macOS | Bitwig 3.x | Logic Pro X | Scarlett 6i6 v2 | DX7 w/SER-7 | Adam Audio T7V & Sub8
U-he all | Melda all | TAL synths | Komplete 12 Ult. Coll. | Arturia V 7 | Fabfilter Pro all | Rapid | countless others

MeldaProduction
KVRAF
11918 posts since 15 Mar, 2008 from Czech republic

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:14 pm

Could you contact me via info@meldaproduction.com and send me 2 settings, one with the default curve and one with the stuff you adjusted it to?
Vojtech - MeldaProduction

Return to “MeldaProduction”