Rhythms lost

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Used to have lots of rhythms but to day I only have one. any idea where they went and how can i get them again?

is there a repository for phrases and rhythms?

Also, is there a tool that can convert midi clips to phrases/rhythms without having to load midi into rapidcomposer and then save?

thanks much
Simon

All data for RC is stored in your Documents folder in a directory called RapidComposerV3. You should see a CustomRhythm folder and a CustonPhrases folder in there too.. . If you changed the directory in the settings tab-> locations, then that is why they don't load. (You can put those folders anywhere on your computer, long as those settings point to the locations..)

Rhythm files end ".rcRHYT" and Phrases end in ".rcPHRS" so, if you did a search on your computer, maybe you can find them again.

If you find them, just copy them back.. I'd make a back up copy of the directory also..

The rhythms and phrases format that RC uses is only for RC, so, you need to do that with RC. However, you can prep phrases with a DAW before hand, i.e., make them how ever many bars you want, etc.

EDIT:

You can batch save imported phrase to the phrase browser by selecting all the phrases in a track, right click a selected phrase, then click the gear icon and at the bottom is the save stuff. Give the group name, then if you end the phrase name with a number, like "phrase 01" it will increment the phrase name automajicly..

Thanks much.

Yes, please check the existence and contents of Documents/RapidComposerV3/CustomRhythms.
Also check the folder settings under the Settings / Locations tab.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

I checked as indicated and all is in order except the rhythms directory has only one item.

Very strange. Is there any way to just reinstall the rhythms?

Just install over again.. you won't lose anything that you have already created .. In fact, I do this sometimes working with the beta version. What happens is, I may be sent a hot fix kind of install, but, when a new version comes around, it thinks I already have it. So, to get around that, I install a previous version..

So, it is safe to install it again..

Thank you. I will

Thanks to all, especially BluGenes. Reinstall worked. All good again.

Cheers

awesome.. no problem..

Thanks BluGenes for the replies!
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”