Ambisonic anyone?

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all :)
The title says it all...
I will be getting a soundfield microphone soon (Rode NT-sf1) and right now I am sharpening my tools!

I wonder if anyone is using Acoustica in this context, and how?
There are some free plugin that works on the 'A' encoded tracks but these plugins need to works on 4 channels tracks. It will not work on 2 stereo tracks.
Any comment.
Reaper, which I have, will work with the plugin, not Harrison Mixbus. But I wonder if there is a way to work in ambisonic directly within Acoustica?
Thanks, Luc

Hi,
If you mean to edit the 4 channels files while listening through a binaural decoder, it is yes, without any problem.
What you cannot do actually is to decode for more than 4 speakers since the processing chain channels seems to be limited to the file's number.
You cannot also open 2nd order files since it only supports up to 8 channels (but we know that more is in the pipe !).

A way to listen with speakers while editing in Acoustica can be to use Reaper's Rearoute ASIO driver, and decode the stream in Reaper with IEM or Sparta plugins.

Thanks for the answer... But a complete noob here in ambisonic so I will have to study these answer and experiment a bit.
I am getting the mic tomorrow and will start experimenting in earnest.
My goal at first should be to import the four channels A coded from the recorder to a single 4 channel track and learn how to importe, insert the plugin etc...
I guess at first Binaural encoding or even just stereo will do. I do not have a 5.1 setup for the moment... this will take a while before I get a proper installation.
Luc

Return to “Acon Digital”