I would GLADLY pay $200 for a full end-to-end course in Bitwig

Official support for: bitwig.com
tiddlewinks
KVRer
2 posts since 13 Feb, 2016

Post Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:36 pm

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I really want to learn this DAW. I've tried digging into a random hodgepodge of Youtube videos, most of which are, uh, let's say inelegant. The other side, Bitwig's learning page:
https://www.bitwig.com/en/community/learning.html (https://www.bitwig.com/en/community/learning.html)

also does not appear conducive to actually learning Bitwig in any cohesive way (maybe I'm wrong?). I think I am just struggling to get beyond my juvenile knowledge of Bitwig. Some professional courseware would really, really help - How did you geniuses learn this thing, care to share?

:pray:

qoyl
KVRist
290 posts since 17 Jul, 2015

Re: I would GLADLY pay $200 for a full end-to-end course in Bitwig

Post Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:27 pm

Easy: start out on FL Studio 😂 makes Bitwig seem like a breeze.

I always found it easier to start with a specific question and find a video to get my answer. It’s a more tailored approach and I don’t have to sit through hours of video that walks through what I already know or what I will mostly never use. Just my preference tho.

We’re the Brian Bollman vids not comprehensive enough?

I never figured there was a market for it but I’d always considered offering one on one screen share sessions for Bitwig users who are brand new to the DAW.

JHernandez
KVRian
632 posts since 7 Dec, 2017

Post Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:05 pm

There's not much to it honestly. It's not like Logic or some other DAW with more options than you know what to do with. Learn the layout/workflow. A handful of shortcuts. Use the interactive help system, something no one had until recently. Read the User Guide. Add some tips and tricks on top, because it's often the case that there's many ways to do something, and you're pretty much good to go. You can also always ask or search here if you get stuck. A couple weeks or less and you'll be on your way.

Anyways, there's a guy called Thavius Beck that does some videos on the basics and more if you need video. Not sure how useful they are. Check it out. You can also check out Baphometrix and or Polarity Music on youtube if you haven't already. Plenty of tips, tricks and workflow ideas on their YT channels.

https://www.macprovideo.com/about/trainer/thaviusbeck
Baphometrix: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuzDmH ... whFXPgm7GA
Polarity Music: https://www.youtube.com/user/polaritydnb
-JH

fsciarra62
KVRist
67 posts since 20 Feb, 2018 from La Spezia, Italy

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:36 am

Hi...
I have bought all the courseware from ask.video about bitwig.
I have found It valuable.
Avoid the old 1.x stuff.
Of you are on Linux, like I am, you can follow using web browser.
I personally preferred to buy It instead of accessing via subscription because I have Also an iPad and sometimes I re-access the course from unconnected places. Personal taste.
Hope this helps,

Fabrizio

SLiC
KVRAF
4418 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:23 am

Bitwig is by far the most intuitive DAW I have used and the new built in help system is supurb. The problem is a lot of the 'learning' material is based on much older versions, BWS has been updated so frequently I guess its hard for anyone to make a video and keep it current! Probably the same reason there is now printed book on using it! I think there is a market for a realy good A- Z walkthrough of all the features from 3.2...but by then the 3.3 Beta will probably have dropped and who know what that adds!
i7 Win 10 PC+ Surface, BWS V3, StudioOne 4, Cubase 10, Live 9 suite, X32 Desk. , DM12, Odyssey, P8, Virus TI, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, Heat, Digitone, Deluge, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

Yokai
KVRian
732 posts since 7 Nov, 2017

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:04 am

DAWs are like languages. You learn the ins and outs of the first one without really thinking about it. Then you try that second DAW and it seems hard AF because you're fighting against concepts and workflow and "muscle memory" you've ingrained from the first DAW. But that 3rd DAW is easy peasy, because now your brain is flexible and you see the patterns that are common to ALL DAWs

If Bitwig is your 2nd DAW, my advice is to join the discord and just ask for help from the community there when you get stuck. And pay it forward to newcomers down the road when you've gotten over the learning curve ;)

https://discord.gg/0g2ZPafIN3eWParf

Scotty
KVRAF
1998 posts since 23 Dec, 2002

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:11 am

There is someone offering a full Bitwig certification program on line. I'll see if I can find the links and update this post with the specifics.

Sorry it was an older post but it seems that they will be running it again if you follow the links...
https://ask.audio/articles/get-bitwig-s ... ting-today

aMUSEd
KVRAF
31168 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:40 am

Always wondered why Groove 3 offered nothing on Bitwig after v1

xbitz
KVRAF
2641 posts since 3 Oct, 2013 from Budapest

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:18 am

"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Yokai
KVRian
732 posts since 7 Nov, 2017

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:58 pm

Haha, you *could* have just linked to two playlists that Mattias already made for such occasions. ;)

JHernandez
KVRian
632 posts since 7 Dec, 2017

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:00 pm

^There someone said it. It's like a weight off my shoulders. :lol:
-JH

carlca
KVRist
154 posts since 17 Jan, 2005 from London

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:24 pm

I was in email contact with noiselab.io back in January and they assured me that they would be adding some Bitwig tutorials later this year. Given that they have a lot of the Thavius Beck stuff on Ableton, maybe they will be releasing some of his Bitwig material, hopefully at a cheaper rate than via the Bitwig website 😉

u-u-u
KVRian
985 posts since 31 Mar, 2014

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:06 am

Hi, Polarity (one of the Youtubers who do Bitwig tutorials and stuff) just uploaded a new beginners tutorial. I think he has a really good and clean way of teaching the program.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Mc-myktOU
Have fun using Bitwig Studio. I use it for several years now and after getting the basic concepts it's really convenient to us (and got even better with the updates during the last years). For me it really has this long-term motivational factor and reusablity of my own created content is given because finding and organizing projects, sketches ('clips') and device presets is implemented really great as well.

[EDIT: exchanged video link (video was reuploaded)]
Last edited by u-u-u on Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

xbitz
KVRAF
2641 posts since 3 Oct, 2013 from Budapest

Post Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:54 am

Last edited by xbitz on Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Return to “Bitwig”