Eventide H3000 Factory @ $79 - worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
H3000 Factory

I read and saw a lot of praise about it here & on YT respectively. Is it worth that price? It looks kinda dated...

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... 00-factory
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Eventide eats Soundtoys for breakfast.

Calenberger wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:59 pm Eventide eats Soundtoys for breakfast.
I'm bad with food analogies. Is it good? :hihi:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

He means its better than soundtoys.

That analogy generally means its an super easy task for the person or (thing) eating the other thing for breakfast.

I do know that the plugin is much different sounding than the actual hardware, and owners over at gearslutz talk about how its good but lacks many features from the hardware.

As a previous soundtoys 5 owner, I think the quality is definitely on par, but the flexibility of the modular routing on the h3000 plugin makes it worth having as well.
:borg:

Your best bet is to demo the presets and see if you like them. They are things that generally work best on guitars and voices, though the programming gives you a pretty wide range of options. In general, it used to be the only way you'd get that kind of modular effect and it's good for doing fiddly things like a pitch shift + Haas delay for expanding and moving things around a stereo field or for modulating delays. But now things like The Grid exist in Bitwig, so the programmability is nowhere near such a big deal.

Calenberger wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:59 pm Eventide eats Soundtoys for breakfast.
Lol, that makes zero sense.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I consider H3000 to be something of a secret weapon.

So, you definitely shouldn't get it. ;)
A well-behaved signature.

I'd love to get it. But, I just can't justify the expense at the moment. :(

I’ve demoed it, watched a ton of videos, and really wanted to like it. But it always left me lukewarm and feeling like it didn’t offer anything I couldn’t already do, at least that I would actually want to do. Some of the more wacky modulation effects just aren’t useful to me. Also the interface feels very small and outdated.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I wanted it for awhile. I finally got it 2nd hand for a good price. I can't remember exactly but I think around $60US. I like it. I don't like the small UI on my monitor because it makes it hard to use. if the UI could be bigger that's my only gripe. It has such a nice sound across the range of its functionality. That's the whole point of those H hardware units - not just the sound but to have quick access to wide range of usable effects settings... in the form of a plugin. There are some effects that I can recognize from commercial recordings. I think it comes down to how you use effects and how your "ears" work. if you don't use effects then the whole concept is lost on you. and maybe you love or hate the over-all sound of it. as always, try the demo. :phones:

YES...get it it's amazing for vocal and guitar fx. No other plugins can recreate the sound.
Check out some of my latest mixes and remixes:https://soundcloud.com/thinkmusic007

Is it for using or just to have in your virtual collection?

because if for using there is a demo, if for collection, no its not.

jens wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:19 pm
Lol, that makes zero sense.
Correct. Eventide is skipping breakfast these days because it's on an intermittent diet, so it actually eats Soundtoys for snacks in the mid afternoon.

Funny enough, yesterday I was rationalizing to myself how due to owning a number of other Eventide plugins I don't really need the H3000, and I decided to put the money towards a hardware investment I'm planning to make soon. So I'll see my way out before someone makes a strong case for the plugin's endless versatility and 450 inspiring presets.

I hope for an MK 2 that includes Dave Derr's contribution to the original too and not just those of those guys who are now Soundtoys (Ken Bogdanovic and Bob Belcher). And if and when it arrives I bet there'll be a generous intro offer...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I own Blackhole which is great, never liked the SW version of the H3000.

Soundtoys rock too. 2 great companies IMO.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Return to “Effects”