Who produces electronic music and has an album ready?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

deastman wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:48 pm Well that sucks. :(. What is your business plan, in that case? Sponsored content?
NO business at all. It's just for fun (for us) and a win for those who participate from a kind review. That's the whole concept. I'm not surprised, that people today are more and more surprised about that things exist, that aren't cash cows at all. I mean, come on, it's not one of those professional $10mio channels into fashion, make up or games. It's a silly, creepy avatar with facial disabilities, electronically talking about good ol' EM. :phones:

EMReviews wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:14 pm NO business at all. It's just for fun (for us) and a win for those who participate from a kind review. That's the whole concept. I'm not surprised, that people today are more and more surprised about that things exist, that aren't cash cows at all. I mean, come on, it's not one of those professional $10mio channels into fashion, make up or games.
I think that if you'd put that info in your first post, you would have gotten a more positive response. ;)

thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:36 pm I think that if you'd put that info in your first post, you would have gotten a more positive response. ;)
You and me both. I've given him the benefit of the doubt, despite the odd defensive-attack bit. It's not for me but some posters seem to like the idea.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:36 pm
EMReviews wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:14 pm NO business at all. It's just for fun (for us) and a win for those who participate from a kind review. That's the whole concept. I'm not surprised, that people today are more and more surprised about that things exist, that aren't cash cows at all. I mean, come on, it's not one of those professional $10mio channels into fashion, make up or games.
I think that if you'd put that info in your first post, you would have gotten a more positive response. ;)
:D Ask yourself, would you've BELIEVED it? I didn't expect so much suspicion. Maybe bec I'm a bit more openminded. Or naive....... :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

EMReviews wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:44 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:36 pm
:D Ask yourself, would you've BELIEVED it? I didn't expect so much suspicion. Maybe bec I'm a bit more openminded. Or naive....... :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
What you are failing to understand is that quite frequently, new users will come here and start posting links to their YouTube channels, having zero interest in engaging with this community or any history here, and are only interested in using the forum for the opportunity to lure users away from here and over to their own platform. Of course, you wouldn’t know that such things are a common problem at KVR, given that you’re new here and have no history with us, only arriving to immediately begin promoting links to your own video channel on a different platform. :shrug:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

EMReviews wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:43 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:33 pm I like the idea; especially with the focus moving away from eDm. I also have no issue with the avatar being used. What I do take issue with is the processing of the voice-over. Seems way too close-miked, although much of that is likely to do with the heavy use of compression. It's boomy, and way too loud when juxtaposed with the more ambient soundtracks in the background. And having all the sounds from your mouth (Y'know, the ones most engineers would be looking to get rid of) so upfront, is more than a little, erm...unsettling :scared:

Furthermore, your accent is pretty monotone (Not criticising how you speak), but please don't remove all of the dynamics, also :tu:

In it's current form it is just unlistenable for me. It's a shame, because it could be interesting :shrug:
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, we are still twiddling around with some technical issues and we cannot agree commonly so far, yet, what sound we actually want, rather radio voice or gentle 'n soothing. But before being perfect it's more important to start at all. So, things will become smooth with time, I bet. Give it time. :wink:
I know this will sound like heresy, what with the trend of “ship now and fix later”, but... maybe you’ll have better viewership if you get that settled and make it a pleasant experience up front.

It didn’t help matters when you got into an argument with, and threw the phrase “fake news” at, a moderator in a community where you hope to recruit membership.

That said, it is an interesting idea to focus on a non-dance variety of electronic music. For that reason alone, I hope you work it all out and find some viewership.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:59 am I know this will sound like heresy, what with the trend of “ship now and fix later”, but... maybe you’ll have better viewership if you get that settled and make it a pleasant experience up front.
It didn’t help matters when you got into an argument with, and threw the phrase “fake news” at, a moderator in a community where you hope to recruit membership.
That said, it is an interesting idea to focus on a non-dance variety of electronic music. For that reason alone, I hope you work it all out and find some viewership.
Well, sometimes people collide, be it by misunderstandings, be it by emotions overflowing. I won't poke into that any longer.

As for the EM topic, we have a good feeling and looking at how many artists already asked for a review via email and facebook in just about a week, it's a pretty good start for a whack experiment with robot voice and creepy avatars. We'll let it grow organically now and see, if it will have the effect for the artists, that we wish for them. I just hope they let us know, whether their sales on Bandcamp, Amazon etc. lift off. A little. :wink:

Jace-BeOS wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:59 am It didn’t help matters when you got into an argument with, and threw the phrase “fake news” at, a moderator in a community where you hope to recruit membership.
Fortunately (IMO) I tend not to hold grudges. They get your hands all gummy and stuff, and my memory's never been particularly good, so.

Projects survive or sink on their own terms, according to how much value they provide, how much effort the people behind them invest, whether the RNG smiles or frowns — things like that.

i may well be in touch :)
at worst, nothing happens... :shrug:

i can live with odds like that :ud:

deastman wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:45 am What you are failing to understand is that quite frequently, new users will come here and start posting links to their YouTube channels, having zero interest in engaging with this community or any history here, and are only interested in using the forum for the opportunity to lure users away from here and over to their own platform. Of course, you wouldn’t know that such things are a common problem at KVR, given that you’re new here and have no history with us, only arriving to immediately begin promoting links to your own video channel on a different platform. :shrug:
As you explained yourself, one cannot know everything as a noob, looking at all the possible parameters in an unknown environment. Thus I tried to be as clear as I could - from my position. But I think, once there are certain vibes in the air, no matter what you say, do or not do, you are guilty for corona and the bush fires in Australia. Probably I did have my part in this, probably others too in response on this. As for me, it's history and spending more time on this can't make it undone. Time to shift to what we "promised" to the artists, to support them by reviews.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:54 pm To answer your question, I find Youtube a waste of time. YMMV.
generally i agree but sometimes you'll find little gems like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DupAKHyP6XI
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Meffy wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:51 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:59 am It didn’t help matters when you got into an argument with, and threw the phrase “fake news” at, a moderator in a community where you hope to recruit membership.
Fortunately (IMO) I tend not to hold grudges. They get your hands all gummy and stuff, and my memory's never been particularly good, so.

Projects survive or sink on their own terms, according to how much value they provide, how much effort the people behind them invest, whether the RNG smiles or frowns — things like that.
if we were meant to hold grudges they would have a handle :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

*thumbs up*

EMReviews wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:31 pm Hi, it's Matt. I'm in the electronic music niche myself and know how hard it always was to get to the surface with a new release, to get noticed properly. That's why some friends and I recently launched a review channel on Youtube to help other EM producers to make themselves heard (note; EM, not EDM!). I'm curious, are you happy with the feedback, sales, plays etc, or did you hope for more for your albums?
How is EDM not also EM? EM is a meta-category. If you're not going to accept all kinds of EDM, then you are going to have to clarify what you're looking for.
EMReviews wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:38 pmThat, of course, proves 100% of the successful content creators on YT to be wrong. Thx for the enlightenment... :wink:
The thing is, 99% or more of successful content creators have been at it for more than a decade. More than 300 hours of new video is uploaded to YouTube every minute, the days when you might have hoped to stand out are long gone. If you didn't catch the first wave, you'll only ever be treading water, trying to keep yourself from drowning.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”