50% Off HALion and Groove Agent

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Unfocused
KVRist
336 posts since 8 Jul, 2004

Post Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:13 am

Submitted verification for crossgrade from Komplete (for HALion) yesterday afternoon. Mail bot says review will take two business days. That puts me outside the crossgrade eligibility period. Can I still get this deal or should I wait till next time something like this is offered?

-u
"I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time they probably shouldn't." -M. Simpson

Unfocused
KVRist

Re: 50% Off HALion and Groove Agent

Post Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:50 pm

<crickets...>
"I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time they probably shouldn't." -M. Simpson

Dirtgrain
KVRian
669 posts since 12 Jan, 2019

Post Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:39 pm

I don't know. I just bought Halion 6, and it is damn cool. But holy crap are there a ton of unanswered questions about Halion at the Steinberg forums. I have problems too--can't get Halion 6 recognized by Ableton (Halion 6 standalone works fine, and in Ableton, Halion Sonic 3 works fine). Will go a digging for the solution--but I'm not sure Steinberg forums will offer it.

WatchTheGuitar
KVRian
650 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:17 am

Unfocused wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:50 pm
<crickets...>
I'm in the same boat. It's a strange way to run a business.

Edit: OK to give them their due I have now received a confirmation email and the price is the 50% off sale price, so I've bought it. New toys! :party:

WatchTheGuitar
KVRian

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:31 am

Dirtgrain wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:39 pm
I don't know. I just bought Halion 6, and it is damn cool. But holy crap are there a ton of unanswered questions about Halion at the Steinberg forums. I have problems too--can't get Halion 6 recognized by Ableton (Halion 6 standalone works fine, and in Ableton, Halion Sonic 3 works fine). Will go a digging for the solution--but I'm not sure Steinberg forums will offer it.
I have it working in Ableton, but had to get the elicenser installed first.
For some idiotic reason they don't mention installing the soft elicenser in the Halion 6 install guide.

Look for something on your machine called eLicenser Control Center.

Sorry if you already had that installed correctly, just trying to help.

agharta
KVRian
536 posts since 10 Jan, 2018

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:10 am

I had to download 4 apps to get this up and running versus one for Komplete.
Website is a joke also.
Not very intuitive to use but has some good sounds.
Definitely a case of reading the manual on this one.
I just hope that installing this doesn't negatively impact my driving habits!

WatchTheGuitar
KVRian

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:25 am

My first impressions of Halion 6 are I'm pretty impressed with the scope of the included samples and presets and even the dated ones could probably be useful after some further processing. Was surprised to see my AMD Ryzen 2700x red-lining on some of the patches will have to see if its host specific or not.

All gravy though, I really bought this for its sampling capabilities and it's the first dedicated sampling app I've owned since the mighty Emulator X.

Unfocused
KVRist

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:09 am

WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:17 am
Unfocused wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:50 pm
<crickets...>
I'm in the same boat. It's a strange way to run a business.

Edit: OK to give them their due I have now received a confirmation email and the price is the 50% off sale price, so I've bought it. New toys! :party:
I just received my verification confirmation, but the price is NOT the sale price. So, no HALion for me this go around. I may reach out to Steinberg on this, but I don't have high hopes. :(

-u

WatchTheGuitar
KVRian

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:13 am

That's odd. You used the top link in the email (the one under "Continue Shopping") ?

One other possibility is I got lucky because I did it before noon and there'll be somewhere in the world west of the USA where it was still Feb 24th when I completed my order at 9AM Feb 25th.

Unfocused
KVRist

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:27 am

I was slightly after 9AM (EDT) Feb 25th. I guess minutes count...

-u

WatchTheGuitar
KVRian

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:37 am

GMT ftw ;)

Kongru
KVRian
1092 posts since 23 Feb, 2017

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:39 am

WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:37 am
GMT ftw ;)
Hey that's Greenwich Mean Time
Signatures are so early 2000s.

codec_spurt
KVRAF
4096 posts since 21 Sep, 2005

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:44 pm

I might have got it wrong.
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dirtgrain
KVRian
669 posts since 12 Jan, 2019

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:12 pm

One thing I did not know is that I cannot use the 30 GB of material that comes with Halion 6 in the Halion 6 sampler and granular engines, unless I'm overlooking something. It seems I can only access that material through Halion 6 presets and instruments. If this is accurate, WTF? If not, let me know. As it is, I can look up the folder where that material is (the folder, though, is only 28 GB--I want my extra 2 GB, dammit!), from within the sampler and the granular engine, but the folder has content with some sort of proprietary file type.

agharta
KVRian
536 posts since 10 Jan, 2018

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:42 pm

There is no way they would make all that sample data available as WAV files because it would be easily copied.
I was hoping it would be available in the way you hoped for although I suppose you can sample it live within the sampler module and use that in some ways?
I think UVI are a lot more accommodating when using Falcon with other non Falcon expansions.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”