Problem choosing MIDI source for a track.

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lately I’ve been noticing that when I select a MIDI source for a track, the source I get is not the one I chose from the list. At first I thought it was sloppy mousing, but I started to pay attention and now I see that it’s clearly a fault in Bitwig. Anyone else having this issue?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:51 amLately I’ve been noticing that when I select a MIDI source for a track, the source I get is not the one I chose from the list. At first I thought it was sloppy mousing, but I started to pay attention and now I see that it’s clearly a fault in Bitwig. Anyone else having this issue?
You need to be more precise than that... :scared:

What is actually happening? Do you mean you have say 3 controllers, you choose 1st for the track and it says "1st" but actually takes input from 2nd or 3rd?

Also, are you sure you're not SENDING MIDI from one track to another via output drop-down? Or not using Note Receiver? Are your MIDI channels set up properly on the controllers AND the tracks?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:09 am
zerocrossing wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:51 amLately I’ve been noticing that when I select a MIDI source for a track, the source I get is not the one I chose from the list. At first I thought it was sloppy mousing, but I started to pay attention and now I see that it’s clearly a fault in Bitwig. Anyone else having this issue?
You need to be more precise than that... :scared:

What is actually happening? Do you mean you have say 3 controllers, you choose 1st for the track and it says "1st" but actually takes input from 2nd or 3rd?

Also, are you sure you're not SENDING MIDI from one track to another via output drop-down? Or not using Note Receiver? Are your MIDI channels set up properly on the controllers AND the tracks?
It’s more fundamental than that. Say I have a track armed to record and I choose my Remote 61 in the drop down menu. I’ll start playing the Remote and... nothing. I look over and it reads, something else, like for instance my Expressive E Touché, or Roli Rise 49. Sometimes it takes several tries before the one I’m selecting sticks. If I choose “All” it’ll work, but then sometimes I’m sending CC from a FCB1010 that I don’t want going to whatever instrument I’m using.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:59 amIt’s more fundamental than that. Say I have a track armed to record and I choose my Remote 61 in the drop down menu. I’ll start playing the Remote and... nothing. I look over and it reads, something else, like for instance my Expressive E Touché, or Roli Rise 49. Sometimes it takes several tries before the one I’m selecting sticks. If I choose “All” it’ll work, but then sometimes I’m sending CC from a FCB1010 that I don’t want going to whatever instrument I’m using.
So it still says "Remote 61", but picks up data from e.g. Roli? Have you tried assigning different MIDI channels to different controllers and then filtering them out in Bitwig? That's all I can think of and I've no idea if it can even work if MPE controllers are involved :(

It does sound like some weird bug and support should have a closer look at it.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

zerocrossing wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:59 am It’s more fundamental than that. Say I have a track armed to record and I choose my Remote 61 in the drop down menu. I’ll start playing the Remote and... nothing. I look over and it reads, something else, like for instance my Expressive E Touché, or Roli Rise 49. Sometimes it takes several tries before the one I’m selecting sticks. If I choose “All” it’ll work, but then sometimes I’m sending CC from a FCB1010 that I don’t want going to whatever instrument I’m using.
First of all, I never experienced something like that.
Does it also happen the other way round? First select the input and then arm record?

BitwigBug1.png
BitwigBug2.png
BitwigBug3.png
This should illustrate what I mean. I choose Remote and the display shows (and is) the FCB1010. If I do this a second time, it works. Totally repeatable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zerocrossing Media

Report it fast... Sounds like a bug...

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:28 pm Report it fast... Sounds like a bug...
I did. I just wanted to see if anyone else had noticed it.
Zerocrossing Media

Return to “Bitwig”