Which one of these two do you dislike the least ?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Bansaw
KVRian
969 posts since 19 Aug, 2008

Post Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:07 pm

In an attempt to get into a more modern genre recently, I've been looking at House - Future House, Tropical, Funky etc.
I did a House remix of a retro song I did a couple of weeks ago. Which one do you think is best,... or less worse as the case may be. ; ) Any suggestions to improve my House remix?
https://soundcloud.com/bansaw-843690132 ... se-version
Original Retro EDM mix:
https://soundcloud.com/bansaw-843690132 ... remastered

aaron aardvark
KVRAF
1718 posts since 22 Jan, 2011 from near Los Angeles

Re: Which one of these two do you dislike the least ?

Post Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:18 pm

Bansaw,
Thank you for the review(s)! Now your music: "Let's Pretend (House version): this sounds really good! Is this a remix of a song by someone else, or you created it from scratch? Who did the vocals? She sings very well. (Retro EDM version): this sounds very good also, though I think I like the previous version a bit better. Nothing to complain about, they all sound excellent to me. Feel free to elaborate on these song/mixes. What state or country are you from?

wagtunes
KVRAF
18475 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:58 am

I like them both. I'd have a hard time choosing between the two. I mean it's not like one is great and the other sucks. :lol: And when it comes to these genres, forget it. I have very little clue anyway. Great job on both! :tu:

htcnext2
KVRist
395 posts since 3 Jul, 2017 from Austria

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:27 am

The House Remix sounds good, not really a suggestion for improvement. Nicely done.

Bansaw
KVRian

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:35 pm

@aaron thanks ! I wrote the song and the lyrics from scratch, and collaborated with a singer on Fiverr.com.
@wags, thanks for the feedback, pleased you liked both. I am normally retro focused, but just trying out a genre a little more current.
@htcnext2 thanks for taking the time to comment, appreciate it! Just left a comment on your track.

aaron aardvark
KVRAF
1718 posts since 22 Jan, 2011 from near Los Angeles

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:16 pm

Bansaw,
OK, I went to your youtube channel. Using my advanced voice recognition computers (well..... actually my brain), I calculate you are from England, yes? But wait, it says your business is in the USA? Perhaps a Brit now living in the USA? We have ways of making you talk. ;)

Bansaw
KVRian

Post Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:22 am

aaron aardvark wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:16 pm
Bansaw,
OK, I went to your youtube channel. Using my advanced voice recognition computers (well..... actually my brain), I calculate you are from England, yes? But wait, it says your business is in the USA? Perhaps a Brit now living in the USA? We have ways of making you talk. ;)
Aha, yes, I am originally a Brit. Actually, officially an Anglo-American. I have both British and American passports.

Frantz
KVRAF
5320 posts since 18 Jul, 2008 from New York

Post Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:36 am

I prefer the House version. The production sounds very good to me. :tu:

When she hits the highest notes in the chorus, I think she could use some more support from a pad in the same octave. The vocals seem kind of naked up there.

Bansaw
KVRian

Post Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:27 pm

Frantz wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:36 am
I prefer the House version. The production sounds very good to me. :tu:

When she hits the highest notes in the chorus, I think she could use some more support from a pad in the same octave. The vocals seem kind of naked up there.
Thanks for the comments Frantz, appreciate them. I find House easier to mix since there are less elements competing.
I'll ponder your suggestion about vocal support.

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
26734 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:43 pm

I prefer the second one ... has an almost Pet Shop Boys vibe to it. Production is good in both versions, but imho the vocal is a little too up-front in the house version. Good work all in all :)

Bansaw
KVRian

Post Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:02 pm

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:43 pm
I prefer the second one ... has an almost Pet Shop Boys vibe to it. Production is good in both versions, but imho the vocal is a little too up-front in the house version. Good work all in all :)
@controlcentre, thanks for commenting. There's a guy on Youtube called Espen Craft, he sounds a great deal like the Pet Shop Boys. West End girls is still one of my all time favourites.

sososo
KVRer
7 posts since 10 Mar, 2020

Post Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:49 am

Like the House version more and great sound man. But the vocals I missing something mangling maybe for me its to straight thru the song.

Return to “Music Cafe”