2 Tech-house songs. Your opinion please.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Spring Goose
KVRist
303 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Post Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:17 pm


User avatar
Bansaw
KVRian
969 posts since 19 Aug, 2008

Re: 2 Tech-house songs. Your opinion please.

Post Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:55 pm

In terms of mixing, Tech House should be more bass and drum centered.
In your track TechHouse1 the lead seems to be the focus. So I would enhance the bass and kick more.

The second one had some interesting rhythmic elements.
@1:20, it gets a bit messy with too many elements. When the lead arp comes in at 1:20, you need to back away another element to make space for it.

Spring Goose
KVRist
303 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Re: 2 Tech-house songs. Your opinion please.

Post Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:47 pm

Bansaw wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:55 pm
In terms of mixing, Tech House should be more bass and drum centered.
In your track TechHouse1 the lead seems to be the focus. So I would enhance the bass and kick more.

The second one had some interesting rhythmic elements.
@1:20, it gets a bit messy with too many elements. When the lead arp comes in at 1:20, you need to back away another element to make space for it.
That's great. Thanks!

noylis
KVRist
41 posts since 26 Nov, 2009

Re: 2 Tech-house songs. Your opinion please.

Post Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:10 am

I liked the beat on both of them but melodic elements are all over the place,they don't fit and I think you should learn basic music theory how scales and chords work.Every daw has helpers so you stay in key,Ableton has a scale device FL has helpers for this also and bitwig and of course Renoise my favorite daw.Learn your daw and watch tutorials on YouTube and you will make wonders very soon.

sososo
KVRer
7 posts since 10 Mar, 2020

Re: 2 Tech-house songs. Your opinion please.

Post Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:29 am

Interesting with quite good potential but as the others wrote you need to get it sorted.

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
26703 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Re: 2 Tech-house songs. Your opinion please.

Post Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:59 am

You need to do something about the tuning ... its not right. Also, I wouldn't call this tech-house ... the leads are too loud, drums are buried.

Spring Goose
KVRist
303 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Re: 2 Tech-house songs. Your opinion please.

Post Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:32 am

Thanks people :)

Spring Goose
KVRist
303 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Re: 2 Tech-house songs. Your opinion please.

Post Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:38 am

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:59 am
You need to do something about the tuning ... its not right. Also, I wouldn't call this tech-house ... the leads are too loud, drums are buried.
Which tech-house do you mean? I mean the original tech-house which begun late 1990s. I don't mean the new tech-house (EDM). Or is it the same tech-house but I'm misunderstanding?

Spring Goose
KVRist
303 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Re: 2 Tech-house songs. Your opinion please.

Post Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:40 am

I take the point that the lead is too upfront, and the bass/beats too far back. But I don't understand about the tuning.

Spring Goose
KVRist
303 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Re: 2 Tech-house songs. Your opinion please.

Post Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:44 am

I checked with Mixed In Key, and the first song is indeed Cm (C minor) as per stated.

But the second song Mixed In Key says is Em (E minor). I don't know what happened because the acid sample was labelled Bm (B minor) and then I made accompaniment Bm.

Spring Goose
KVRist
303 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Re: 2 Tech-house songs. Your opinion please.

Post Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:48 am

The second song, it sounds alright from 2.20 onward to my ears.

Spring Goose
KVRist
303 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Re: 2 Tech-house songs. Your opinion please.

Post Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:49 am

Am I supposed to tune the synth? I thought it was supposed to already be in tune.

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
26703 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Re: 2 Tech-house songs. Your opinion please.

Post Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:03 am

Would I be correct in assuming you don't play an instrument?

Spring Goose
KVRist
303 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Re: 2 Tech-house songs. Your opinion please.

Post Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:07 am

I can jam in a scale on a keyboard.

Spring Goose
KVRist
303 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Re: 2 Tech-house songs. Your opinion please.

Post Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:09 am

Spring Goose wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:44 am
I checked with Mixed In Key, and the first song is indeed Cm (C minor) as per stated.

But the second song Mixed In Key says is Em (E minor). I don't know what happened because the acid sample was labelled Bm (B minor) and then I made accompaniment Bm.
Sorry I got that back to front, to further confuse the issue!

Return to “Music Cafe”