Mod Appreciation Thread

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you're looking to give out appreciation how about giving some love to Ben? He's kept KVR running for 20 years and provided a site where one can gather information and exchange ideas.

The ability for developers and end users to interact has been invaluable for both sides. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

@ Teksonic

I agree, stay out where poss.

But I don't think I'm being personal, eg, I never respond to trollbait, or blatant start-a-row comments (so avoiding the "troll" word)

(didn't we all learn that with whyterabbut in his earlier days)

But musos have no special monopoly or rights re cursing etc

Like me, you've been here a long time and I know you as a valued & informed poster, so I appreciate you chipping in :)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Teksonik wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:37 pm If you're looking to give out appreciation how about giving some love to Ben? He's kept KVR running for 20 years and provided a site where one can gather information and exchange ideas.

The ability for developers and end users to interact has been invaluable for both sides. :tu:
Yes, more thanks to Ben in fact.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

ditto
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Without Ben there could be no KVR. All credit to him for making this possible.

absolutely :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Don't forget #1 test robot whilst we're at it...

It started everything here - and probably can be blamed for a lot as well :hihi:

Yah definitely a big kudos to Ben :Tu:
:borg:

kevvvvv wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:55 pm It's quite difficult.

Should I be banning troll-like whinges that repeat the same personal issues with every post?

The long Avenger thread is a perfect example of this. It's a whisker away from becoming Troll Forum.

I hand out warning about crack posts as these are clearly banned.

Would like feedback on what to do about trolls, ie, repeated bitching that gets nasty, saying the sort of things you'd never say in real company.

The Ban/Manage options exists, but personally I don't like using it.

Your thoughts please. I'm listening.
Wait, you're a mod?
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Thank you Ben, for creating this place.

kevvvvv wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:14 pm But I don't think I'm being personal, eg, I never respond to trollbait, or blatant start-a-row comments (so avoiding the "troll" word)

(didn't we all learn that with whyterabbut in his earlier days)
Didnt think it would take long before kevvvv made it personal.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Ok, Kevin's a mod, just tried to block him and can't.

You wanted advice? Don't make it personal and if a dev is happy to keep a promotional money-earning thread open, let it be. Oh, and I would always avoid calling people who disagree with me a troll.

Cheers!

And bluedad is a mod too? (same test, cannot block)

Why don't mods have some kind of indication near their user name? What's the advantage in keeping it all secret? (well apart from the obvious appeal of creating an in-crowd)

revvy wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:33 pm Why don't mods have some kind of indication near their user name? What's the advantage in keeping it all secret? (well apart from the obvious appeal of creating an in-crowd)
memberlist.php?mode=group&g=6468
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Kevvvv joined exactly 24 hours after Ben (7.01am 23/10 vs 7.01am 24/10)... Hmmm.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Site Stuff”