How to get stuck notes (and how to get rid of them)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When will the stuck arp notes be fixed in Diva. It has been over a year, it is ridiculous to have such a bad bug exist for so long. I'm using Cubase 10.5 and it happens constantly. The Diva arp is now useless.

SayersWeb wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:24 pm When will the stuck arp notes be fixed in Diva. It has been over a year, it is ridiculous to have such a bad bug exist for so long. I'm using Cubase 10.5 and it happens constantly. The Diva arp is now useless.
It's already been fixed in the new beta that's been out for two and a half weeks. It's specifically called out in the notes in the very first post:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=563131

Pro-Tip: if you're going to make such a strongly negative post in the u-he forum about a bug, before hitting Submit, you should first scan that very same forum to make sure there's not a new beta that already fixed said bug. :wink:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:42 pm
It's already been fixed in the new beta that's been out for two and a half weeks. It's specifically called out in the notes in the very first post:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=563131

Pro-Tip: if you're going to make such a strongly negative post in the u-he forum about a bug, before hitting Submit, you should first scan that very same forum to make sure there's not a new beta that already fixed said bug. :wink:
Thank you for pointing that out.

The announcement of the Diva arp fix is buried in that post, which is about ARM processors. Not sure how anyone would think to look there for the solution. I have no care about ARM processors and have no reason to read about them.

Its good news that the bug is supposedly fixed, but I stand by my negative post. It took them over a year to provide a fix in beta format? That is disappointing at best. I've purchased almost all of the products U-he has released, I'm quite invested in them.

In my view, U-he do their best to balance an ever increasing product lineup with other factors like: Apple constantly breaking things, functional bug fixes, feature requests, Covid, employee turnover, Eurorack hardware development, etc.

Does that mean some bugs, feature requests, and new development may linger for longer than I’m sure anyone would like? Sure! But it’s clear that it’s not lack of effort and they are extremely transparent as to what drives the delays. They’ve revealed a lot in these forums about challenges they’ve faced recently if you’re frequenting this forum and care about that stuff. And yeah, it sucks if you’re impacted by a particular bug that’s taking a while you get resolved, but I, and I expect the vast majority of customers, respect their approach. I downright appreciate it.

Apologies for taking so long to fix this particular problem.

Had the last year been an ordinary year, we might have been able to supply a Diva update earlier. But the last year wasn't ordinary in any way, not just because of the pandemic, but because of many other things we had no control over.
We tried to be as open as possible in communicating all the reasons for the temporary slowdown of development. We are not a company with hundreds of employees, where you can simply reassign human resources to any issue that might pop up. We are a small team, where everyone has multiple areas of responsibility, and we often have to make difficult decisions about which areas to prioritize at any time.

Whenever we issue an update, it will (unless specifically noted otherwise) contain fixes and improvements for all supported platforms. Even though the title of the forum thread only mentions the native ARM support (as this simply is the biggest new feature), this update, as pretty much any other update, also includes fixes which apply specifically to Windows or Linux. And it includes framework improvements and fixes which apply to all operating systems equally.

Taking this long to fix the arp in Diva is something we are not happy about, and we will find ways to issue updates for annoying bugs more quickly in the future.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

In testing the beta for a couple of weeks there has not been a single occurrence of stuck notes. Also noticed that Diva seems to be far less draining of the CPU than it once was. I can now use multiple instances within a single project.

Gotta check out this update for Diva

This post mentioned that there is in fact a bug in Diva WAY WAY back in March of last year, here we are 16 months later. Time spent on making new patche libraries or fixing things like this? I dunno.

VirgilGuitars wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:10 pm This post mentioned that there is in fact a bug in Diva WAY WAY back in March of last year, here we are 16 months later. Time spent on making new patche libraries or fixing things like this? I dunno.
The Diva public beta version posted here on KVR back in March already includes a fix for the arp bug.
We are extremely busy trying to update all plugins with support for Big Sur and Apple's Silicon chipset, as well as fixing numerous issues in all plugins on all operating systems.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

I still get them on hive 2.1.1
have to go mono and back

RICHARD F wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:07 am I still get them on hive 2.1.1
have to go mono and back
What DAW, plugin format, and what’s the procedure for reproducing it?

Yeah, I mean, the first post explains all known ways to create a hanging note. And IIRC, the current round off betas fixes all those ways that reside within our responsibility. If any of those aren't fixed, we'd love to know how to reproduce them.

There are however ways to create note hangers that relate to DAWs. We can't really fix anything when hosts don't send us a Note Off event for a corresponding Note On.

Cubase 11 vst3 64 win
just seems to happen at random
but I will try and keep an am eye on anything I do to recreate the problem
its only happened of late
I've had hive since beta

Urs wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:03 am Yeah, I mean, the first post explains all known ways to create a hanging note. And IIRC, the current round off betas fixes all those ways that reside within our responsibility. If any of those aren't fixed, we'd love to know how to reproduce them.

There are however ways to create note hangers that relate to DAWs. We can't really fix anything when hosts don't send us a Note Off event for a corresponding Note On.
I also had hanging notes when running Hive or Zebra2 in loop or when suddenly stopping while playing back notes in Reaper 6 x64.

I found a solution for this.

Simply switching off the additional 16 samples latency in Hive and Zebra. Now I can stop while playing back notes or looped notes whenever I want and there are no more hanging notes.

Hive and Zebra recognizes to late stop commands or loop-end and loop-start signals from Reaper with the additional 16 samples of latency and therefore produced hanging notes.
This was not the case when playing back notes in linear manner and stopping when no notes playing any more.

Reaper is a pain for stuck notes, lots of other synths too.

Return to “u-he”