Possible scam buyer! Using PayPal Friends & Family = NO PROTECTION if you get scammed

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

scott_free wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:57 am Tried to buy Ableton Live 11 Suite EDU from alex2000261. I paid via PayPal G&S on Thursday 1/27 but have not heard anything from hims since. He has not responded to my PMs, emails, or PayPal messages.
maybe a hacked account?
He became active after 3 years, still only responding to wtb posts
if someone is messaging for 4-5 wtb at a time, it is quite suspicious
(alex2000261 responded to at least 4 different wtb posts in january at the same time)

A user account/email composed of a word and a long string of numbers is an immediate red flag.

becseigy wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:10 am maybe a hacked account?
Seems unlikely: I noticed that his given name in PayPal matches his user name. He has a decent history of buying and selling here. My guess is that some crisis in his life has him doing things he may later regret. Addiction perhaps.

Hopefully, I will find success getting my money back through PayPal or through the CC company.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

scott_free wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:38 pm
becseigy wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:10 am maybe a hacked account?
Seems unlikely: I noticed that his given name in PayPal matches his user name. He has a decent history of buying and selling here. My guess is that some crisis in his life has him doing things he may later regret. Addiction perhaps.

Hopefully, I will find success getting my money back through PayPal or through the CC company.
I hope you can get your money back man, thanks for the advice. It's a really strange situation. Some days ago, I saw users with old accounts (and few posts) was selling plugins with really good prices. I was very close to bought but finally I passed.
Music Producer from Vitral Music :phones: Check my KVR Feedback.

Let me understand this correctly, someone can sell you a license via PayPal, then after the PP claim period ( 90 days) past and over they contact the developer to get the license revoked so you cant get your money back?

Or

The buyer raised a PP case after registering the license via ilok, wins the case and your software is gone?

GabrielAudio wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:51 am Let me understand this correctly, someone can sell you a license via PayPal, then after the PP claim period ( 90 days) past and over they contact the developer to get the license revoked so you cant get your money back?

Or

The buyer raised a PP case after registering the license via ilok, wins the case and your software is gone?
no, there hasn't been anything like this so far.
The PP claim period is otherwise 180 days.

What has become more common lately (apart from the simple scam of not sending a license) is that somebody buy licenses with a stolen credit card, and selling them.
After the buyer has registered the product (up to months later), the developer can revoke the license if finds out that bought it with a stolen card and didn’t get the money for it.

(In some cases, they leave the license, but usually you lose it).

If this happens months later (after 180 days) you probably will lose your money. However, this is quite rare, it usually turns out in less than 1-2 months, and there is plenty of time to start a Paypal investigation.

scott_free wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:57 am Tried to buy Ableton Live 11 Suite EDU from alex2000261. I paid via PayPal G&S on Thursday 1/27 but have not heard anything from hims since. He has not responded to my PMs, emails, or PayPal messages.

Just thought I would mention the situation here in case this may help others be on guard. Will update as I learn more.
He tried to scam me some weeks ago already, luckily I got my money back using paypal protection.
What i think is quite disappointing - I have reported him and also wrote a PM to Hink but got no answer or reaction. Could have saved some users...

iZotope Bundles Scams?

Since a week I'm receiving some PM's offering me iZotope Mps4 (Music Production Suite). Both users are KVer and it was so strange for me. Jaja how can they know what I'm looking for?

I really don't know if it could be a good deal for me, probably yes, but I doubt these users: noahshootyourshot and eitampro.
I think that they could be the same person, even in other accounts, due to the second account mentioned doesn't respond to my messages.
Music Producer from Vitral Music :phones: Check my KVR Feedback.

Deleted comment by user 2.
Last edited by Namestar123 on Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted comment by user.
Last edited by Namestar123 on Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Attention, boys and girls!
Scammer want's to take your money!
...and the same story here:
Another scammer here!

So, i chatted with snikki01, he/she has a american mobile number +1(727)7768633. 99% of sellers from USA asking for PayPal, also Wise is ok. But this scammer wanted to use Venmo. He/she showed me a photos of mail (name of a person, who sended a mail to spectrasonics support was Nels), but after that he showed me a photo with Omnisphere Box and a womans hand holded that box. I think, this one (steepwave), actually, is the same person. So, be careful and don't be stupid!
Last edited by Yaroslove on Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yaroslove wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:35 pm Attention, boys and girls!
Scammer want's to take your money!
...and the same story here:
Another scammer here!

So, i chatted with snikki01, he/she has a american mobile number +1(727)7768633. 99% of sellers from USA asking for PayPal, also Wise is ok. But this scammer wanted to use Venmo. He/she showed me a photos of mail (name of a person, who sended amail to spectrasonics support was Nels), but after that he showed me a photo with Omnisphere Box and a womans hand holded that box. I think, this one (steepwave), actually, is the same person. So, be careful and don't be stupid!
Same story in knobcloud sale. Super low price ($200), and show me email screenshot.

BaiCaiX wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:37 pm Same story in knobcloud sale. Super low price ($200), and show me email screenshot.
Here you go ;)

Just a quick follow up. PayPal refunded me the money. Thankfully, I chose he goods and services option.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

Careful with user Marklambert888, first able he wants you to contact him through email and then he stopped replying to my emails once I made the payment. I ended up receiving the purchased product thanks to Arturia support but he didn't contact me back anymore, weird scenario.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”