Escape from Utopia [psytrance - reworked, remixed and remastered]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EDIT: reworked, remixed and remastered

https://soundcloud.com/recursion-loop/e ... rom-utopia

Mastering by Kristian (master@aeap.se)

Progressive psytrance inspired by older works of E-Clip, Egorythmia, Ritmo and such.
Last edited by recursive one on Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Killer as always :tu: The production and mixing is superb :clap:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Thanks, man!
Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:46 am The production and mixing is superb :clap:
Very happy to read that :)

I would echo what Mushy said. Another winner.

I knew this would be great even before I put it on.

Some things you just know.

Triple :tu: :tu: :tu:

Thanks for listening, guys!

Glad you like it :)

Uploaded a bit better mixed version (same link)

There seems to be some audio quality degradation on soundcloud about which i'm not sure what to do :? The limiter margin is at -0.5 dB and the intersample peaks are enabled, but still there is some audible ditortion, especially in the hihats, which isn't present in the source file.

recursive one wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:39 am Trying to go back to making music after a long hiatus
You've still got the chops.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:55 am You've still got the chops.
Good to know! :)

Thanks!

That was amazing. It reminded me of JMJ's Oxygene 8 but even more psychedelic.

Thanks, man!
Erisian wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:57 am That was amazing. It reminded me of JMJ's Oxygene 8 but even more psychedelic.
JMJ was a bit unexpected association (but I'm very pleased with it of course :) ) Though probably trance as a whole has some roots in his works

Finally finished this one, some substantial changes in the arrangement and mixing, also cool mastering by Kristian (master@aeap.se)

https://soundcloud.com/recursion-loop/e ... rom-utopia

Oh my. Crisp, clean, punchy mix. Love the choice of sounds. .57 - boom! It's psytrance so it has a lot of energy obviously, but the tune also has a lovely chilled vibe to it. Really dug the section beginning around 4:50.

ecamburn wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:06 pm Oh my. Crisp, clean, punchy mix. Love the choice of sounds. .57 - boom! It's psytrance so it has a lot of energy obviously, but the tune also has a lovely chilled vibe to it. Really dug the section beginning around 4:50.
Thanks for listening! :)

Yes, i like to combine highly energetic parts with more relaxed and melodic moments, try to do that in pretty much every track.

Gorgeous sounds with a very nice spacious mix to go with them. Really nice track, thank you for sharing.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

Return to “Music Cafe”