Any software that lets non-ASIO windows application route to ASIO input?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

To give a specific example, I want to route audio from VLC into VSThost, but VLC doesn't support ASIO. Is there any software "bridge" that would allow this? Doesn't matter how much latency it adds.

Try O Deus ASIO Link Pro. It is flexible, but can't say for sure if it will help you
Or use WDM2VST, it just sends all the Windows sounds into a vst plugin. I use this 24/7 for room/headphones correction and for quick audio analysis

Excellent; thank you for the suggestions!

If you get any luck with either of them, please say. I tried ASIO Link Pro and it wouldn't install (just a "something went wrong" error from the installer).

My pleasure! Yes, i would like to know too if they're working or not

Jopmanajop wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:40 am WDM2VST, it just sends all the Windows sounds into a vst plugin. I use this 24/7 for room/headphones correction and for quick audio analysis
WDM2VST seems like it would be perfect for me, without the learning curve of ASIO Link Pro. I've found the original program file from O Deus, which seems be a limited trial ... do you know if it's possible to get it unlocked for full functionality? I suppose you probably purchased the unlocked version from O Deus before they shut down?

mc510 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:27 pm WDM2VST seems like it would be perfect for me, without the learning curve of ASIO Link Pro. I've found the original program file from O Deus, which seems be a limited trial ... do you know if it's possible to get it unlocked for full functionality? I suppose you probably purchased the unlocked version from O Deus before they shut down?
Forgot to mention, that developer has passed away, so you can't purchase it anymore. I wasn't quick enough to buy it either. But these plugins are "legally" cracked now (ASIO Link at least), it was requested and approved by developer's nephew, so everyone can continue to use these useful tools. I had no choice, because there is no other tool with similar simplicity and stability, so i installed cracked version. If you want, i'll share the installer with you

On Windows, check out Voicemeeter: https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm - especially the "Banana" and "Potato" versions (goofy names, but these really are seriously powerful :) !)

Turns out, game/music/etc. streamers and other streaming media hobbyists/pros use this one a lot. The current global situation being what it is, working remotely is the norm when possible, and I just recently found out about this software when configuring my remotely connected workstation. Previously I didn't have use for anything quite like this, and now that I've used it (for connecting my DAW software directly as an ASIO insert - yes, literally - straight into the signal flow of Google video conference calls, and all sorts of routing like that), I don't think I'll remove it from my toolbox even when things settle down, heh.

It supports all relevant driver standards and has loads of functionality. Just be sure to read the manual :P, and oh, see all the other utilities there as well. Great routing swiss army knife stuff. Has been 100% stable and efficient so far.

Guenon wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:50 pm On Windows, check out Voicemeeter: https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm - especially the "Banana" and "Potato" versions (goofy names, but these really are seriously powerful :) !)
Thanks, I've come across vb-audio web site but I find their product descriptions and instructions impossible to comprehend! Everything is written in english, but so confusingly written! But if I can't get wdm2vst working, I'll give vb-audio another try.

Well, I've gotten wdm2vst installed, but I can't get it to work properly. Tried it in both VSThost and Pedalboard2. Either it has installed improperly, or I'm just using it incorrectly. Does anything look obviously incorrect in this Pedalboard2 setup?
Clipboard01.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Could you open up plugin window? If it shows red bars, then there is some driver interference, if they're grey, it's working, just doesn't recieve any signal
Couldn't get it to work with ASIO4ALL, only with my audio interface ASIO, so it is installed correctly
I use it in Reaper, it is simple, just put plugin on a track and done. Works perfectly. I've always had problems with Windows audio, so no surprise
2020-03-28_012739.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Not free but very flexible: Audinate Dante Via can route anything to anywhere. It is primarily marketed as an audio networking system, but it can also route audio from one application into another.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Jopmanajop wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:42 pm Could you open up plugin window? If it shows red bars, then there is some driver interference, if they're grey, it's working, just doesn't recieve any signal
Couldn't get it to work with ASIO4ALL, only with my audio interface ASIO, so it is installed correctly
I use it in Reaper, it is simple, just put plugin on a track and done. Works perfectly. I've always had problems with Windows audio, so no surprise
2020-03-28_012739.png
Yeah, those bars numbered 1 and 2 just stay grey, not getting any signal. Can't figure out if that's because I've set things up wrong, wdm2vst is improperly installed, or my softwares are just not compatible. I'll test out with Reaper, and I guess I can also test with my native ASIO driver (though I prefer ASIO4ALL because it aggregates all physical sound devices into one ASIO driver).

Guenon wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:50 pm On Windows, check out Voicemeeter: https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm - especially the "Banana" and "Potato" versions (goofy names, but these really are seriously powerful :) !)

Turns out, game/music/etc. streamers and other streaming media hobbyists/pros use this one a lot. The current global situation being what it is, working remotely is the norm when possible, and I just recently found out about this software when configuring my remotely connected workstation. Previously I didn't have use for anything quite like this, and now that I've used it (for connecting my DAW software directly as an ASIO insert - yes, literally - straight into the signal flow of Google video conference calls, and all sorts of routing like that), I don't think I'll remove it from my toolbox even when things settle down, heh.

It supports all relevant driver standards and has loads of functionality. Just be sure to read the manual :P, and oh, see all the other utilities there as well. Great routing swiss army knife stuff. Has been 100% stable and efficient so far.
Care to share which version you use? Banana or potatoe? And how you set it up exactly (maybe with a Screenshot?)
Thanks in advance!
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

Quick update, I just tried FlexASIO driver with Pedalboard2 and WDM2VST and noticed some interesting things. First, I still can't get Windows audio to appear in WDM2VST :( , but I did discover that FlexASIO's shared mode works for me with tolerable latency :D . So I can have my microphone in/out of Pedalboard2 via FlexASIO, while at the same time VLC plays through regular Windows audio and both play through the speakers. Nice! However, I haven't loaded my effects into Pedalboard2 yet (was just testing microphone audio straight through) so I'll have to see if I can still maintain these acceptable latency settings once I'm stressing the system with realtime effects.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”