Tracktion Waveform 11 PRO looks cool

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anybody beta tested this?
It looks cool, sleek design and seems to have some useful workflow boosters aside the arpegiator, chorder, etc.

T1.6 already looked cool.

Is that hanging first note bug fixed already? ;-)
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Waveform11 Free looks cool too .

89$ upgrade from V9... *lol*
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:49 am 89$ upgrade from V9... *lol*
Cause V9 is almost free...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CozDz2b0kHM

the problem was never the feature set but the stability of the software, now there is plugin sandboxing etc. we gonna see
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

id4kvr wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:05 am
jens wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:49 am 89$ upgrade from V9... *lol*
Cause V9 is almost free...
I don't care. I certainly didn't get it for "almost free".
I didn't bite when 10 came around because I found the upgrade price way too much. When it got discounted for Black Friday or so I didn't bite either because I knew 11 would come soon after and then they'd ask for more and now I certainly won't upgrade either. And if they keep increasing the upgrade price like that for older versions they will never again see a single further cent from me. I gladly pay whatever Presonus asks for each major update of Studio One because you get so much for it. It's a few years worth of development time from a whole team. Not just one year from one lone developer who bundles more GUIless quasi-freeware. They are crossing the border over from ridiculous to annoying now.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I think the number and quality of features it packs, even for the basic version, is insane at any price point. For $120 you get many of the features from Studio One: chord track, arranger track, musicloops (insanely useful feature), fully functional sampler AND drum sampler, some decent basic synths, Melodyne and Autotune, and much more.

Now if I could just get the demo to install, that'd be great...

I bought 10, just because it was the only DAW I hadn't tried. Not quite stable enough for me, so if they've fixed that, I'd say it's quite a value. Not really my cup of tea workflow wise, but lots of great features and I like a lot of the sounds in Collective.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:18 pm I think the number and quality of features it packs, even for the basic version, is insane at any price point. For $120 you get many of the features from Studio One: chord track, arranger track, musicloops (insanely useful feature), fully functional sampler AND drum sampler, some decent basic synths, Melodyne and Autotune, and much more.

Now if I could just get the demo to install, that'd be great...
Agreed. Even the step up ($259) has what looks like some powerful DSP plugins (that can be used in 3rd party DAWs as well if I read correctly): https://www.tracktion.com/products/daw- ... collection

Have the demo installed and messing around with it now.

Edit: Messed around with it a bit more. Performance seems a bit sluggish? Opened up a test EDM track and was getting a lot of microstutters in the UI as it was playing.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:18 pm I think the CPU use and instability it packs, even for the basic version, is insane at any price point.
Fixed that for you.
Duh

no stable enough, crash all the way

Have you actually tried version 11? If you haven’t your opinion means nothing, as I’m sure many of your opinions do.

GUI still looks like programmer's art.

I mean come the f**k on!

Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Wow, more meaningless irrelevant opinions... KVR is a magical place. Why can’t you just criticize a program based on its weaknesses and strengths as opposed to elevating your subjective opinions based on your irrelevant aesthetic judgements and experiences from 3 versions ago to the level of objective truth? People are trying to get information here, not to hear you venting. Your emotions don’t matter to anyone here.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”