Upgrade Impact To Existing Instances

Official support for: tx16wx.com
ccurry007
KVRer
4 posts since 26 May, 2008

Post Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:07 am

I've been wanting to upgrade TX16Wx Pro to a new/latest version. Currently sitting at 2.4.2g. My concern is I have a number of saved projects with TX16Wx instance in them. The 3.3.0k installer stops with a uninstall preexisting per-user installation dialog. Should I expect those projects to 'survive' or break? I saw in another thread the program ID is the same, but not clear to me what results to expect. There is something like 30 projects with a TX16Wx instance. If I need to recreate those instances I'll need to prepare/document instance configuration before I proceed.
DAW is Sonar.
Thanks for any input.

elcallio
KVRAF
1864 posts since 27 May, 2005 from Stockholm

Re: Upgrade Impact To Existing Instances

Post Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:18 am

The install configuration is changed between v2 and v3, because v3 installs shared MSVC runtime libs. You need to uninstall v2 before installing v3.
As for compatibility, v3 _should_ load all v2 projects seamlessly. That being said, ymmv. Some projects might require tweaking to get the exact behaviour/sound back. If you run into a case where it does not play back as expected, I'd appreciate it if you share the project so compatibility loading can maybe be improved.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Return to “CWITEC”