new tech-house

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Spring Goose
KVRian
650 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:02 am

Edit: New Mixdowns
https://soundcloud.com/user-492255322/s ... uiRP4xBEqX
New Masters
https://soundcloud.com/user-492255322/s ... GKKm8ItAMb


The old mixdown
https://soundcloud.com/user-492255322/s ... CQTMYOe3k1

Any opinions/feedback welcome.

I'm aware the second track is, er, weird...
Last edited by Spring Goose on Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
19119 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: new tech-house

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:24 am

Only listened to the first track. Waited 2 minutes for a melody, didn't hear one, turned it off. Maybe a drum beat, arp and some noises are interesting for some people. Not for me. Forget that the mix is dull and uninspiring. At least if that much was exciting it might have been a little bit more interesting to listen to.

I get that it's too difficult for people to come up with intricate melodies and chord structures and this is the new normal, especially around here, but some of us who grew up in the 60s actually look forward to listening to something that isn't the same loop for 6 minutes. I mean how does something like that hold anybody's interest even if they are into electronic music?

Sorry, I just don't get it.

You know, at least when I listen to Vurt's stuff (talk about weird) it keeps me interested because I never know where it's going. His mastery of modular synthesis is a joy to behold. I've listened to 20 minute tracks of his and didn't get bored because they're constantly evolving, mostly because there's so much randomness to them.

Anyway, I'm not the audience for what you do and if this is what you're into, I won't be commenting on anymore of your tracks.

I hope you at least have fun doing what you're doing.

Have a nice day and stay safe and well during these scary times.

Spring Goose
KVRian
650 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Re: new tech-house

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:55 pm

wagtunes wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:24 am
Only listened to the first track. Waited 2 minutes for a melody, didn't hear one, turned it off. Maybe a drum beat, arp and some noises are interesting for some people. Not for me. Forget that the mix is dull and uninspiring. At least if that much was exciting it might have been a little bit more interesting to listen to.

I get that it's too difficult for people to come up with intricate melodies and chord structures and this is the new normal, especially around here, but some of us who grew up in the 60s actually look forward to listening to something that isn't the same loop for 6 minutes.
I make a variety of different stuff. If i have something i think you'll enjoy according to what you said then i'll put a FAO to you. Thanks for listening and your words.

I grew up in the 80s and i've been into this since about 1998. It's called tech-house genre (i think). Personally a song doesn't just have to be about melody for me.

Peace.

Spring Goose
KVRian
650 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Re: new tech-house

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:09 pm

I've found a new game you might enjoy during this stay at home crisis

https://puzzles.msn.com/en-gb/games/lum ... nStart=yes

Let me know if we don't like the same games too!

Spring Goose
KVRian
650 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Re: new tech-house

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:12 pm

I'm still quite new here. I didn't do a "hello" when i arrived. If i find that nobody wants to listen to certain types of my songs then i won't continue putting them. Do you wish to listen to the third song?

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
19119 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: new tech-house

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:17 pm

Spring Goose wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:12 pm
I'm still quite new here. I didn't do a "hello" when i arrived. If i find that nobody wants to listen to certain types of my songs then i won't continue putting them. Do you wish to listen to the third song?
There are actually a lot of people here who DO like the kind of stuff you do. I know this because they do it themselves. It pretty much dominates this forum.

Eventually, I'm sure you'll get comments on your music. Sometimes it takes a while. Just keep posting new stuff regularly.

Spring Goose
KVRian
650 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Re: new tech-house

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:21 pm

Pleasure to make your acquaintance! At least you wanted to talk (i'm quite chatty). I'm just remastering some songs, so i'll see if i find something i think you could enjoy, and post it here.

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
19119 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: new tech-house

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:26 pm

Spring Goose wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:21 pm
Pleasure to make your acquaintance! At least you wanted to talk (i'm quite chatty). I'm just remastering some songs, so i'll see if i find something i think you could enjoy, and post it here.
Well, if you check out "The Wagtunes Corner" on this page, you'll get a pretty good idea what I like by what I do. I guess you'd call it old people's music.

Spring Goose
KVRian
650 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Re: new tech-house

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:30 pm

wagtunes wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:26 pm

I guess you'd call it old people's music.
I doubt i would! Like i say, i'm onto quite a variety of music. I'll check it out not today but soon.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
65065 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: new tech-house

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:34 pm

wagtunes wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:26 pm
Spring Goose wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:21 pm
Pleasure to make your acquaintance! At least you wanted to talk (i'm quite chatty). I'm just remastering some songs, so i'll see if i find something i think you could enjoy, and post it here.
Well, if you check out "The Wagtunes Corner" on this page, you'll get a pretty good idea what I like by what I do. I guess you'd call it old people's music.
punk show tune pop.
fusion!

Spring Goose
KVRian
650 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Re: new tech-house

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:35 pm

vurt wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:34 pm
wagtunes wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:26 pm
Spring Goose wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:21 pm
Pleasure to make your acquaintance! At least you wanted to talk (i'm quite chatty). I'm just remastering some songs, so i'll see if i find something i think you could enjoy, and post it here.
Well, if you check out "The Wagtunes Corner" on this page, you'll get a pretty good idea what I like by what I do. I guess you'd call it old people's music.
punk show tune pop.
fusion!
I have no idea what you're saying! ;)

Spring Goose
KVRian
650 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Re: new tech-house

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:55 pm

wagtunes wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:24 am
listening to something that isn't the same loop for 6 minutes. I mean how does something like that hold anybody's interest even if they are into electronic music?

Sorry, I just don't get it.
I thought the hypnotic rhythm and pleasurable tones and sounds make you dance or groove. (not you personally, but somebody!)

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
19119 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: new tech-house

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:03 pm

Spring Goose wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:55 pm
wagtunes wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:24 am
listening to something that isn't the same loop for 6 minutes. I mean how does something like that hold anybody's interest even if they are into electronic music?

Sorry, I just don't get it.
I thought the hypnotic rhythm and pleasurable tones and sounds make you dance or groove. (not you personally, but somebody!)
And from what I understand, a lot of people love that stuff. But I grew up where you walked down the street with a transistor radio in your ear listening to The Doors. I don't relate to the club scene. Hell, I didn't even relate to disco in the 70s, though there was some of it that I did like.

Spring Goose
KVRian
650 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Re: new tech-house

Post Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:15 am

Last night i had a dream that i was listening to your (Wagtunes) songs and it was a wonderful psychedelic song with disco toms!

Your thread is long. Should i start at the beginning or start at the end and work backwards?

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
19119 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: new tech-house

Post Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:23 am

Spring Goose wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:15 am
Last night i had a dream that i was listening to your (Wagtunes) songs and it was a wonderful psychedelic song with disco toms!

Your thread is long. Should i start at the beginning or start at the end and work backwards?
Somebody else asked a similar question so I'm just going to post a link to my answer.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=501125&start=2160

Go to the post that's one up from the bottom of the page.

Listen to as many or as few of those as you like.

Return to “Music Cafe”