80s synthwave inspired original track

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/pigeon-city/80s- ... th-music-3
My longest original track.
Comments welcome,
I used reverb on the drums with an 80’s sound this time and mixed a little.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Constructive criticism- IMO the slow attack synth pad part would work better advanced ahead of the beat. The note-ons are probly quantized right on the beats but the slow attack makes. The whole slow attack pad chord track sound late. If you move the track ahead enough so the track doesn't sound late if might work better.

Well, it's not horrible. A little monotonous. Especially the last minute or so which is just the chord progression and not much else. The mix is close to being in mono. I've heard worse but this is really uninspiring. Sounds like yet another synth demo, albeit without the accordion.

Needs lots of work.

The link isn't playing for me, but it works on the Soundcloud page.
Cool, very 80's, I like your new sounds.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

For a plus: bassline + kick, very subtle and neatly tied together.

Very good sound design (lovely bells!).

Overall I can hear a lot of love for the genre and the time.

For a minus: keep in mind, this music needs solid ideas, it has to be going from somewhere to somewhere and for a reason. For a reason of a verse, a chorus, a verse, a chorus, a bridge/solo, a chorus and so on. I don't feel this one is going anywhere and in fact it sounds like many random melodies were just thrown onto a chord progression for no apparent cause.
Focus on a one, but solid musical idea and build around it. Your music is already ok at least.
Also try to hide the pad, make it misty, wide and multi - layer... Don't make it a main instrument, as it almost is.

Best of luck and keep this beautiful genre alive!
Just a modest 80's admirer.
My SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-675457440

Sounds quite 80s I'd say, a bit dull though.

A fun listen. Very good composition, but imo could benefit from better transitions and tone matching. Maybe fiddle with delay, echo, & reverb a bit more to get the different parts to settle into each other.

Its a good base to work from.
Needs some variety injecting to maintain our interest I feel.
Strange ending.

Return to “Music Cafe”