Donkey OD (Hitech Psy)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This isn't my usual preferred psy subgenre and in fact I'm not really a fan at all and don't think I've ever listened to a track in it's entirety. However, I was messing about with some samples and a lead and thought at the time to do something different and fun.

https://soundcloud.com/mushy-mushy/donkey-od

Anyway, it's out of my system now so back onto the dark forest stuff :hyper:

Then I think I'll come back to this and remix it into a psybient track 8)
Last edited by Mushy Mushy on Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Gave it a listen. Seems a little sparse to me but eh, what do I know? I am certainly no expert on this genre. Parts of it did sound interesting. I thought the drum beat was maybe a little too fast but again, what do I know?

It was certainly different to say the least.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:07 pm Gave it a listen. Seems a little sparse to me but eh, what do I know? I am certainly no expert on this genre. Parts of it did sound interesting. I thought the drum beat was maybe a little too fast but again, what do I know?

Thanks for the listen Wags.

The BPM is 180 and that's actually at the slower end of the Hitech range; they often hit 210 :shock: Personally I think that's just stupid because you can't dance to that so what's the point :shrug:

Therefore it's not really a project I want to spend any more time on because as a genre it doesn't really interest me, I just needed to get it out of my system once I had started it.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:10 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:07 pm Gave it a listen. Seems a little sparse to me but eh, what do I know? I am certainly no expert on this genre. Parts of it did sound interesting. I thought the drum beat was maybe a little too fast but again, what do I know?

The BPM is 180 and that's actually at the slower end of the Hitech range; they often hit 210 :shock: Personally I think that's just stupid because you can't dance to that so what's the point :shrug:

Therefore it's not really a project I want to spend any more time on because as a genre it doesn't really interest me, I just needed to get it out of my system once I had started it.
Well, I'm glad you got it out of your system. Hope you now spend time on stuff you actually enjoy doing.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:12 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:10 pm

Well, I'm glad you got it out of your system. Hope you now spend time on stuff you actually enjoy doing.
:tu: :tu: :tu:

Unexpectedly melodic :phones:

Overall it's not my preferred bpm/subgenre but I enjoyed it. The kbbb sounds very good, all the necessary elements are here, cool FM leads and these beat glitches/breaks executed really well. Also the ethnic/melodic elements make it more interesting to me personally compared to average hitech stuff.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:29 am Unexpectedly melodic :phones:

Overall it's not my preferred bpm/subgenre but I enjoyed it. The kbbb sounds very good, all the necessary elements are here, cool FM leads and these beat glitches/breaks executed really well. Also the ethnic/melodic elements make it more interesting to me personally compared to average hitech stuff.
Haha, thanks man.

The BPM was melting my brain so I needed to add the various glitches and ethnic elements to give the thing a break :hihi:

Different, but cool stuff. Definitely too fast to dance to in the normal sense of dancing, but I’m pretty sure I have been dancing at festivals listening to music similar to this while pilled up.

I love you dude. Got any water?

Return to “Music Cafe”