vurt-the lockdown sessions[modular noises]{vol 2 released 04/22}

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lockdown sessions volume 1
12 hours :o or so of material, cut down to a bite size 12mins fiddy for you good peoples!
continuity, whats that? :hihi:

volume 2 parts 16 - 32

more similar but different stuff.
vol 3 appears to be starting out all guitar (plus fx of course, lots of the buggers! :hihi: )

{im assuming ill add more here as time goes on, keep an eye out! vurt "fan!"}
Last edited by vurt on Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vurt wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:23 pm lockdown sessions volume 1
12 hours :o or so of material, cut down to a bite size 12mins fiddy for you good peoples!

Classic Vurt. I swear, the one part sounded like a real airplane.

Can't wait to hear volume 2. With 12 hours recorded, shouldn't have too much trouble putting something together.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:18 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:23 pm lockdown sessions volume 1

Classic Vurt. I swear, the one part sounded like a real airplane.

Can't wait to hear volume 2. With 12 hours recorded, shouldn't have too much trouble putting something together.
well, its 15 seperate recordings, just a min or so of each sliced out. then stuck together.
volume2 will probably be another 10/15 recordings, then the same again.

not aiming at making a track so much as trying out patches and pedal combinations, passing time while picking up ideas.

there are other sessions going on at the same time, aimed at a more produced piece :)

thanks for listening :)

Sounds good man, lots of twisted alien noises. Looks like you didn't lose your powers after all.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:00 pm Sounds good man, lots of twisted alien noises. Looks like you didn't lose your powers after all.
my powers must come from my big boy down there hair :)

stay frosty!

The young vurt joins in the heroic battle against Covid-19's evil plan to destroy humanity!
Listening to interesting music has helped strengthen one's resolve to survive this stupid virus.

:tu:

I was listening to it (on headphones, lol) while I was playing Civ VI. I could hear your Beatle influences in one part, forget which, but the vibe was definitely Revolution #9. You do interesting things, Herr Dogman.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Vurt, that is mental stuff! :o Wish I had been there. :ud:

rp314 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:19 pm
The young vurt joins in the heroic battle against Covid-19's evil plan to destroy humanity!
Listening to interesting music has helped strengthen one's resolve to survive this stupid virus.

:tu:
if i can entertain one man or woman for even one minute, in the middle of whats going on, then im happy :)
strange musics for strange times :ud:

stay safe :)

Bombadil wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:41 am I was listening to it (on headphones, lol) while I was playing Civ VI. I could hear your Beatle influences in one part, forget which, but the vibe was definitely Revolution #9. You do interesting things, Herr Dogman.
not my fault, they put it in the water here :o

headphones :o are you mad :lol:
thanks for stopping by :tu:

stay safe, and keep the good lady safe too :hug:

Erisian wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:48 am Vurt, that is mental stuff! :o Wish I had been there. :ud:
:hihi: thats my thing! :ud:
i wish youd been here! or anyone had been here in the past month :cry:

:lol:

thanks for dropping in virtually at least :tu:

stay safe and happy birthday :D

volume 2 parts 16 - 32

more similar but different stuff.
vol 3 appears to be starting out all guitar (plus fx of course, lots of the buggers! :hihi: )

I was going to say "nice" but I'm not sure that's quite the right word. I love the spontaneity of it. I can imagine vurt in a studio covered with wall-to-wall modulars with a manic gleam in his eye. Then comes the more subtle thoughtful stuff, some quiet stuff in there that reminds me of early TD. Very progressive - I like it. :tu:

Erisian wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:51 pm I was going to say "nice" but I'm not sure that's quite the right word. I love the spontaneity of it. I can imagine vurt in a studio covered with wall-to-wall modulars with a manic gleam in his eye. Then comes the more subtle thoughtful stuff, some quiet stuff in there that reminds me of early TD. Very progressive - I like it. :tu:
no wall to wall modular, but theres always a manic gleam in the eyes :hihi:

older photo, rack is pretty much full now. will be adding another shortly, maybe...

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:24 pm
Erisian wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:51 pm I was going to say "nice" but I'm not sure that's quite the right word. I love the spontaneity of it. I can imagine vurt in a studio covered with wall-to-wall modulars with a manic gleam in his eye. Then comes the more subtle thoughtful stuff, some quiet stuff in there that reminds me of early TD. Very progressive - I like it. :tu:
no wall to wall modular, but theres always a manic gleam in the eyes :hihi:

older photo, rack is pretty much full now. will be adding another shortly, maybe...

Now therein lies the problem with software modular equipment - it looks too tidy and it doesn't have lots of glowing lights. Devs need to get more real! :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”