Another Time - trancey, 303, 909 et al.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

Thanks to the lockdown, I've started making music again 8)

This track is the the nearest I've ever got to actual trance. It is mostly made with Roland synths - 303, 909, Juno 106, Sh-101, System 8, all of the Roland Cloud variety. Also featuring Sylenth 1 and some random samples from the Ableton library.

The track started off with me experimenting for the first time with the 303 sound, and kind of evolved from that.

Produced with Ableton Live.

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-b-1/another-time

A bit slow for trance, but its a good sounding mix ... good work :)

Thanks :) All of my music is actually thinly disguised 80s synthpop with various influences from other genres. That's what I meant by "the nearest I have ever got".

D.

Sounds good to me whatever you want to call it. Would like a little more melodic development but it's okay for what it is.

Really nice track. I love the main theme, as I always had soft spot to these supersaw arpeggios. Also many great classic sounds like the 303s and the other good stuff.

The only thing that sounded out of place to me was the snare rolls. Not sure for what reason but I somewhat disliked them (too cheesy/obvious maybe?).

I think the tempo is fine for so-called "chillgressive" which is also trance of sorts.
Last edited by recursive one on Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Thanks :) I am certainly planning to do a longer version eventually.

If you slow Trance down from 135 bpm to 120, you do tend to get a retro-synthpop vibe.
I think the mix is pretty good. Like the arp, and acid plucks too.
thumbs up from me :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”