Stone Voices – Moss Equalizer 1.4 (Free)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Moss Equalizer

I can't load the band presets that come in the "bonus" folder. I just downloaded it, and when I try to load any of them it says the format must be wrong or it must be corrupted, can someone help?
I use reaper on windows btw

You can load the frequency response from a text file with the extension .meb (Moss Equalizer Bands) by selecting the item "Load Bands ..." in the context menu of the presets. Samples of .meb - files with characteristics of comb filters can be found in the "Bonus" folder.
HTH

I was playing with Moss 1.4 last night and there was a very noticeable lag between playing a key on my keyboard to trigger a VST instrument, and any sound coming through Moss. Bypassing Moss, the instrument triggered instantly.
Changing FFT window size and algorithm changing the tone of the sound, but did not remove the delay.
I like to experiment with arbitrary EQ curves, especially very steep ones, so I'm looking forward to using this effect more, but I'd like to see the delay corrected or removed if possible.
I was testing Moss 1.4 in REAPER, under Windows 10, i9, 32GB RAM.
thanks.
rrrc.bandcamp.com||bandcamp.com/blatanville
"ALL YOUR CUBASE ARE BELONG TO REAPER" - 5.1 Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:17 pm
i9-10900CF|32GB|Nvidia RTX3060Ti|Win 11|REAPER|FLStudio|more plugins than I've had hot meals

blatanville wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:39 pm I was playing with Moss 1.4 last night and there was a very noticeable lag between playing a key on my keyboard to trigger a VST instrument, and any sound coming through Moss. Bypassing Moss, the instrument triggered instantly.
In the Moss Equalizer 1.4 plugin, there will be a delay of exactly the maximum window size of 16384 samples, without delay the FFT algorithm cannot be implemented.
blatanville wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:39 pm I like to experiment with arbitrary EQ curves, especially very steep ones, so I'm looking forward to using this effect more, but I'd like to see the delay corrected or removed if possible.
In the near future, the next version of Moss Equalizer 2.0 will be assembled, which will work on the convolution, and the delay will disappear. However, when using a convolution, the range of adjustment of the rise/collapse of the frequency grid will be smaller.
Please wait just a few days.

vasyan wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:46 am In the Moss Equalizer 1.4 plugin, there will be a delay of exactly the maximum window size of 16384 samples, without delay the FFT algorithm cannot be implemented.
Please wait just a few days.
Ah, I understand, now. Thanks.
rrrc.bandcamp.com||bandcamp.com/blatanville
"ALL YOUR CUBASE ARE BELONG TO REAPER" - 5.1 Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:17 pm
i9-10900CF|32GB|Nvidia RTX3060Ti|Win 11|REAPER|FLStudio|more plugins than I've had hot meals

Здравствуйте. Нельзя ли сделать окно эквалайзера в 2 раза шире. Когда планируется выпуск Moss Equalizer 2.0 без задержки. Можно ли будет перенести настройку эквалайзера из 1.4 в 2.0. Спасибо.

Flexdope wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:55 am Здравствуйте. Нельзя ли сделать окно эквалайзера в 2 раза шире. Когда планируется выпуск Moss Equalizer 2.0 без задержки. Можно ли будет перенести настройку эквалайзера из 1.4 в 2.0. Спасибо.
Приветствую Flexdope.
Если свести задержку к 0, то возникнут фазовые искажения, характерные для эквалайзеров, основанных на свёртке. Звучание гребенчатых фильтров в этом случае теряет свою выразительность, а также в некоторых случаях могут возникнуть паразитные высокочастотные призвуки. Moss Equalizer использует FFT, и как известно, этому методу свойственна задержка, уменьшить которую практически нереально.
Обновление плагина не планируется, так как финансовые ассигнования для проведения этих работ отсутствуют. Настройку полос эквалайзера можно задать в текстовом виде, про это написано в справке.

Is this open source or can this be made open source? Then someone could compile a Mac or Linux version...

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:56 am Is this open source or can this be made open source? Then someone could compile a Mac or Linux version...
Unfortunately the plugin engine and some of its algorithms are used in commercial plugins like this one → Wikisound - correction.
It is possible to build for MacOS, but donations are still small, so there is no interest in working on a Mac version.

Return to “Effects”