An American Dream Please disect

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
MRT
KVRian
1150 posts since 3 Dec, 2002

Post Sun May 03, 2020 5:53 am

Just wrapped a new tune, cynical observations on the state of current affairs.

An American Dream

All comments welcome :pray: What would you call this genre?

Edit: As people seem to be having streaming issues with Drop Box I've put An American Dream and Boomtown on soundcloud for your enjoyment.

Tambarotunes

As always am in need of feedback! Thanks
Last edited by MRT on Tue May 05, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aaron aardvark
KVRAF
1755 posts since 22 Jan, 2011 from near Los Angeles

Re: An American Dream Please disect

Post Sun May 03, 2020 11:30 am

MRT,
Thank you for reviewing my song! Now your song: Yay for excessive material wealth! ;) This song reminds me of Stan Ridgeway (best known from Wall of Voodoo). I would say this is alternative music, with some Pink Floyd influences. Bit of a hiccup at one point or two (my biggest complaint), perhaps because I was typing and it made your music player jump? Or was that intentional? Now I think it was intentional, because I wasn't always typing. Audio quality is good. Instrumentally everything is pleasant. The vocals suit the song. What state or country are you from (just curious)? Don't worry, I won't say anything rude regardless where you are from.

MRT
KVRian

Post Sun May 03, 2020 12:30 pm

aaron aardvark, Thanks for taking a listen and comments. Never listened to Stan R.,checking him out now on YouTube(OK I have heard "Mexican Radio" before). I like their use of the repetitive guitar riffs.
Not sure about the hiccups but pretty sure they were not intentional.
I'm in Illinois on the Iowa border a place once known as "The Farm Implement Capital of the World" and this is KVR so by all means feel free to roll with rude!

amrita
KVRer
16 posts since 29 Mar, 2006

Post Tue May 05, 2020 3:25 am

Hey MRT, just listening to your tune and I really like it but the player stops and I can't get past the opening bit. I really like the intro, its like a film score and I enjoyed the quirky grooviness of the tune until it cut out. Is there another link to the tune somewhere else? I would also say this is alternative music and I could easily imagine it being used in a film or cool tv show :)

markkuja
KVRian
894 posts since 28 Oct, 2005 from Finland

Post Tue May 05, 2020 3:49 am

Nice song and soundscape.. Good mix

MRT
KVRian

Post Tue May 05, 2020 2:30 pm

Sorry for the streaming problems, I've posted the song on soundcloud(link in initial post) hopefully this will resolve them.
As always, thanks for taking the time to listen and all feedback is welcome. Be safe Be happy It will ALL be over soon!

r1381
KVRist
66 posts since 6 Nov, 2019

Post Wed May 06, 2020 2:19 am

nice tracks. i agree with aardvark with some pink floyd flavor in there. that you singing?
at the 56 second point in american dreams, i thought it sounded like the type of music that would be in the opening of a tarantino movie. haha.
big fan of tracks that have audio dialogue dubbed in from other sources. one of my favorite things to do.

MRT
KVRian

Post Wed May 06, 2020 4:15 am

r1381 Thanks for the kind words. I did all the singing but the intro dialogue is a text reader. If your into adding dialogue to your tracks you should check out the vst Radio. It was free recently and is really nice for snagging
vocal bits.

Return to “Music Cafe”