Pipedream

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Moe Shinola
KVRAF
1523 posts since 11 Nov, 2004 from Kansas City, MO

Post Sun May 03, 2020 10:07 pm

https://soundcloud.com/moe_shinola/pipedream

DnB tune created in Energy XT 3.0, using Linplug RMF, MIDI drum loops from groovemonkee.com, LFObia MoCheese and Dexed. FX included MDSP Fire, Blockfish, NastyDLA and bx_cleansweep. Mastered in Cakewalk by Bandlab. Video created using Shotcut.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

Moe Shinola
KVRAF

Re: Pipedream

Post Sun May 03, 2020 10:21 pm

Something's wrong with the chord when I listen to it on my phone. I think it's because I had it panning back and forth in the stereo field and didn't, I don't know, flatten it somehow. Any feedback would be welcome. Seems fixable.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

Moe Shinola
KVRAF

Post Mon May 04, 2020 7:29 am

Here is a version 2, the chord dropouts are not as bad but still there, I removed the panning back and forth on that part. Only when the drums get louder do do the chord parts diminish, maybe the speaker can't handle it all I dunno, maybe it's too loud.

https://soundcloud.com/moe_shinola/pipedream-v2

seismic1
KVRAF
9635 posts since 13 Mar, 2009 from UK

Post Fri May 08, 2020 11:57 am

I couldn't hear any phasing issues, but I was listening at very low volume, so I tried it with the cans. I wonder whether the level of the kick is a little high, particularly when the bass joins in. I also wonder whether the level of the pad is increasing slightly when the pan is at the centre.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”