Melodya topic (was Melodya v1.0 announced...)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Melodya

^^^
Thanks for the reminder!
musicdevelopments wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:03 am Intro offer: order Melodya for $39 until May 15!
More info: www.musicdevelopments.com
I thought it was extended beyond the 15th.
But I guess not.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:18 pm ^^^
Thanks for the reminder!
musicdevelopments wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:03 am Intro offer: order Melodya for $39 until May 15!
More info: www.musicdevelopments.com
I thought it was extended beyond the 15th.
But I guess not.
their website says extended until May 25th...

Thanks for posting the correct date. :)

I'm having a blast with this! Just digging in, but already getting great results.

Make sure you mess with the 'rest' control in the 'variations' lane. The rests really let you dial in rhythms to the melody in a different way from the rhythm variations. The rhythm variations work on the rhythm of the motif in the section, but the rests work on the rhythm of the melody.
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

AfriendofZ wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:45 pm FYI Link on first page is broken, I'm sure we can all figure it out but I did just try to use it. :)

Glad to see the sale is extended, thank you!!
Hi AfriendofZ!
Thank you, I did not realize that! I also fixed the date, so May 25 is the end of introductory offer.
Thanks!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

como baila wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:07 pm I'm having a blast with this! Just digging in, but already getting great results.
Thank you, como baila!
I also managed to create some surprisingly good melodies during testing. I did not save them :)

The reason is that I analysed lots of music for which variations and repetitions were used, and implemented most of them. I want to add a chords track for v1.1, so you'll be able to generate melody for a given chord progression (just like you can do with the Melody Generator in RapidComposer today, but this is more interactive).

Thanks!
Attila

I am a new Melodya user. Still learning about it, and enjoying doing so. :)

However, I have a serious repeatable crash.
Right clicking in the melody, or anywhere below the menu line which contains the play button, causes the DAW to instantly exit, followed by a MACOS problem report.

My setup:
iMac Retina 5k, 27-inch, 2019. 36.GHz i9, 32gb, macos 10.14.6
Studio One Professional 4.6.1.55987
Melodya 1.0.6 built 13 May 2020

I have a crash report, which is very long and tedious to post here, but here are the first dozen lines or so...

rocess: studioapp [89402]
Path: /Applications/Studio One 4.app/Contents/MacOS/studioapp
Identifier: com.presonus.studioone2
Version: 4.6.1 Build 55987 (4.6.1)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: studioapp [89402]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2020-05-16 11:01:27.846 +0100
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.14.6 (18G3020)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: CAA19954-87EA-D377-B0EE-41BA8E2AC5EA

Time Awake Since Boot: 3000000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 56 processor_thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000220
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [89402]

Hi madmanuk!

Thank you for your post!
I was able to reproduce this bug. The fix will be available in about an hour.
This is crazy because the pop-up menu has worked before...

Thanks,
Attila

v1.07 is uploaded now with the fix for the right-click bug. The bug was introduced in the previous update, sorry about it.
Thanks,
Attila

Impressive turn around.
I can confirm it is fixed.
Many thanks.

como baila wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:55 pm
lachinhan wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:00 pm I bought Rapidcomposer, so should I buy this Vst?
I also own RapidComposer, but I bought this right away.

Why? Well they really have different purposes. RapidComposer is a universe where you would create an entire composition. While you can use it as a VSTi within your DAW, it is a bit awkward to do so. It definitely works best stand alone and has great rewards for deep divers into its powerful complexities.

Melodyna is a purposeful tool for use within a DAW. It is compact and once you understand how it works is flexible and simple as it mimics the DAW workflow you already know. You can drag the MIDI for easy editing within your DAW where you can create chords and bass lines from the melody; voice multiple VSTi softsynths; add 'ear candy' parts to recordings that are being mixed; etc.

The use of a MIDI tool within my DAW is actually the workflow I prefer and which I do most often.

That's my view anyway. If it makes sense to you and like working this way, you should buy it.
Oh, Thank you so much @como baila .. :tu:
NK Recording Studio
Email: lachinhan@gmail.com or admin@thuamninhkieu.com

lachinhan wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:26 am
Oh, Thank you so much @como baila .. :tu:
My pleasure! 8)
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

No keyboard focus in studio one. Cant delete notes in the melody editor and cant use the shortcuts and keyboard command. Please Look into this. For now how do you delete a single note in the editor cos the Del or backspace key not working.

Megawattt wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:31 pm Hi there Attila.

Congratulations on this release! :) i did a short test with the demo version and i was very impressed i bought the full version straight away, but with more thorough testing i am experiencing random crashes, also when dragging and dropping midi files onto Melodya some of the midi notes are displayed in incorrect positions and they are played back that way, the midi plays fine in windows media player, also is it possible to delete single notes in the Melodya piano roll? or am i missing something? (My DAW is Reaper\Orion and Windows 7)
is it possible to delete note still?

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:25 am Hi Megawattt,

yes of course, deleting a single note should work well. I have tried that with Reaper by clicking on a note and pressing 'delete'. Doesn't it work on your setup?

I encourage everyone to check for updates often, at least in the next few days. The latest version is v1.02.

Thanks,
Attila

Megawattt wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:31 pm also is it possible to delete single notes in the Melodya piano roll? or am i missing something? (My DAW is Reaper\Orion and Windows 7)
dont work in studio one. thanks. Am Enjoying the demo tho but this needs to be fixed #keyboardFocus

Return to “MusicDevelopments”