Melodya topic (was Melodya v1.0 announced...)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Melodya

I have been using/testing it on Reason v. 11. A few comments:

- Occasionally crashes. Not always the same way, but doesn't seem very stable under Reason
- Is this an effect or an instrument?! It shows up under effects in Reason. Only way I have been able to use is dragging and dropping the midi part into the sequencer. Otherwise no way to "preview" the melody without doing that.

I'd love to invest in this, but right now it doesn't seem that usable under Reason. Hope this can get fixed. :)

it seems this wants to be inserted as an effect ...
no transport sync in FLS or Cantiblile ...
drag n' drop does work ...

For what it's worth, I have no doubt the bugs will get squashed and all..

Here is a link to a video on how it works, but, this is in the context of RC, so, it is just a little different, but, not really that much.. (it's a beta version of RC at the moment)

viewtopic.php?p=7698399#p7698399

Hi there Attila.

Congratulations on this release! :) i did a short test with the demo version and i was very impressed i bought the full version straight away, but with more thorough testing i am experiencing random crashes, also when dragging and dropping midi files onto Melodya some of the midi notes are displayed in incorrect positions and they are played back that way, the midi plays fine in windows media player, also is it possible to delete single notes in the Melodya piano roll? or am i missing something? (My DAW is Reaper\Orion and Windows 7)
Strictly drum and bass

Good news is that I managed to fix stability issues and implemented syncing to host playback today. I have tested it in several DAWs both on macOS and Windows. The stability improved a lot.
Please download the new update: v1.02.

Thanks for the feedback!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

To be honest: really mixed emotions about it so far.

At the moment I can hardly think of paying 40 bucks for something I already have in Rapid composer 1:1 (discount for RC full version users ?). In Mixcraft Pro 9 vst2 still is not recognized, sync play is about a quarter note out of sync (Melodya starts about a quarter note to late, the first quarter of the piano roll is kind of ignored in the playback and then Melodya is kind of one quarter ahead of the song).

As this is 1:1 Rapid Composer "thinking and concept" the "easy" lies into one module (or part of a module) instead of lots of modules with lots of parts but as the concept is the same it takes some time to get into it, so in the 10 minute demo period I am just not able to come as far that I could judge if the result is better or even close to something like Melodysauce, Captainplugins, Orb producer suite, Midi madness and and and.......

Lots of open questions not answered so far. And I dont think the feeling of trying out the beta of an "outsourced" module from RC will go till "intro price" period will be gone. I am not even sure if this is intended to grow to a real product on itself or if (after fixing the betabugs) devellopment will go 1:1 to the RC module.

If this had not been from Attila who stands for quality, great support and honesty for at least a decade I would think I am not sure if I would even go that deep into testing.

So I think I will give it a try while intro period lasts and see how far this will go in that time.

Dear Attila!

Congratulation to release of Melodya! I downloaded the Demo and bought full version after 10 minutes of using the demo.

I got the serial number, but when I now enter the number and klick "Unlock" button, plugin window turns grey and Studio One freezes. I tried in Cakewalk and got same issue. After I restart my DAW, I still have a demo.

I'm on Win10 (last version) Studio One Professional (last version). I tried on monitors with 4k and FullHD resolutions.

Please correct this bug! ;)

UPD: I tried Reaper and Ableton - same issue (on Windows). On Mac (10.14.6) was no problem to register under Studio one.

UPD 2: After manually resizing the GUI (make it bigger) I was able to register!
Last edited by charliezerotwo on Thu May 07, 2020 9:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Darn, typing this second time.

Thanks for the quick update, I was able to click on Demo without it causing Cubase to hang first time.
Used it on Cubase Pro 10.0.60 (most stable version from 10+ Cubase, 10.5 too buggy), and Windows 10 Pro 1909.

I begun to use, it begun to generate melodies, but I quickly noticed an issue.
When I click on the generator icon, it hangs onto the last note indefinetely, if it's a sustained sound, it will become very annoying. Clicking on Play on Melodya stops it once in maybe ten tries, else I need to cancel out the monitoring of the instrument (in my case, I was using Spire), press play then stop on Cubase.
I then begun again, kept having this issue, then the 20 minutes were up and it caused my Cubase to crash again! I reloaded Cubase, and boom, crashed again when I loaded Melodya!
I tried another project, Cubase just hangs.
I have to say, I've not come across a buggier VST ever!
Yes it could be my setup, but I try many different demo's without issues like with Melodya. I got 3 Cubase crash dumps if you want them? Last time I tried it, it just hanged Cubase, no logs created.

experimental.crow wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:51 pm it seems this wants to be inserted as an effect ...
no transport sync in FLS or Cantiblile ...
drag n' drop does work ...
a/o 1.02 , sync to transport now working in FLS ...
nice ...

I tried the demo and it's very fun. I'm dying for some videos though.

JiggSaw wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:50 am I tried the demo and it's very fun. I'm dying for some videos though.
I posted a link above.. It's in use, but from RC, not the VST.. It's pretty much the same, though..

Hi Megawattt,

yes of course, deleting a single note should work well. I have tried that with Reaper by clicking on a note and pressing 'delete'. Doesn't it work on your setup?

I encourage everyone to check for updates often, at least in the next few days. The latest version is v1.02.

Thanks,
Attila

Megawattt wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:31 pm also is it possible to delete single notes in the Melodya piano roll? or am i missing something? (My DAW is Reaper\Orion and Windows 7)

Hi tatanka,

thanks for your feedback. You know, I always trust your opinion.

Yes, there is discount for RC full version owners. Melodya (=Melody Editor tab in RC) will be part of v4.0 which means all v4.0 owners get a free license to Melodya. All customers since April 1, 2019 are automatically v4.0 owners, so upon request, I will send a license to anyone. Older users who will need to upgrade to v4.0 for a small amount can still get Melodya, in this case the amount spent on Melodya will be deducted from their upgrade price. I'll make a FAQ about it.

I intend to make a serious product of Melodya. I received lots of positive feedback, and it makes me happy that people like this simple tool. A few bugs appeared in the first days in the host-plug-in interface, but the melody editing and generation part was under beta testing in the last 2 months.

The demo period is 20 minutes, but you can reload the plug-in to try it for another 20 minutes.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila,

thanks a lot for the in detail answer and explanation :-).

Thats good news, so I can just buy Melodya now and get the "reward" when upgrading to 4.0 which I surely will do :-). Great idea to connect products/upgrades.

I will look for the updates coming to Melodya in the next days, the little "out of sync" for the now in general fixed sync play from host is a little annoying when you try it out in an existing song as I do at them moment but I am sure this will be fixed with one of the coming updates. There are some other minor ones (for example sometimes it seems to "play on its own" when no play is on, not from inside Melodya and not from the daw, but I am sure you will get this fixed as usual. And if the ideas fly into this one like they do with RC this could be a real interesting one.

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:25 am Hi Megawattt,

yes of course, deleting a single note should work well. I have tried that with Reaper by clicking on a note and pressing 'delete'. Doesn't it work on your setup?

I encourage everyone to check for updates often, at least in the next few days. The latest version is v1.02.

Thanks,
Attila

Megawattt wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:31 pm also is it possible to delete single notes in the Melodya piano roll? or am i missing something? (My DAW is Reaper\Orion and Windows 7)
Hi Attila.

I am very sorry for the late reply, i have tested version 1.0.2 , still getting random crashes, also getting long release notes when i click on them in the Melodya piano roll (They fade off eventually), when attempting to delete a single note some other notes in the piano roll are also deleted (Always the same set of notes for each melody) please, is it possible to add a feature to right click on a note and when the menu appears there is an option to delete the note ? :)
Strictly drum and bass

Return to “MusicDevelopments”