Laid back, dreamy and groovy - Number 2 in my LockDown series, feedback most welcome!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
nickski
KVRer
27 posts since 3 Mar, 2015

Post Tue May 05, 2020 9:36 am

https://soundcloud.com/nickski/coviddreams
Hope you like this one guys, used LANDR to mater this, which is a first for one of my tunes, let me know what you think! Appreciate it!
Nick

Bansaw
KVRian
1076 posts since 19 Aug, 2008

Re: Laid back, dreamy and groovy - Number 2 in my LockDown series, feedback most welcome!

Post Tue May 05, 2020 3:37 pm

Like it. Some nice detuning in there. Perhaps a little too much detuning at times though.
Mixing very good.
Nice use of vocoder. Good chilled ending.
:tu:

nickski
KVRer

Re: Laid back, dreamy and groovy - Number 2 in my LockDown series, feedback most welcome!

Post Wed May 06, 2020 5:19 am

Thanks Banshaw,
Out of interest what detuning pushed it for you? I was trying to get a trippy hazy feel, hence the phaser on the sax part, is that what you mean?
cheers
nick

Bansaw
KVRian
1076 posts since 19 Aug, 2008

Post Wed May 06, 2020 6:47 am

nickski wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 5:19 am
Thanks Banshaw,
Out of interest what detuning pushed it for you? I was trying to get a trippy hazy feel, hence the phaser on the sax part, is that what you mean?
cheers
nick
e.g. at 1:23 you have two elements there that are detuned. The regular subtle lead, and the echoed pluck , both are heavily detuned. At the same time there is a vocal going on, and my brain was wondering, is this vocal pitchy, or is the pluck detuned?

nickski
KVRer

Post Fri May 08, 2020 7:18 am

Ah, yeah mate, it's a heavilly processed vocal sample, wanted to get a real trippy vibe going. I've only really listened on my monitors and my headphones so no idea how it sounds on other speakers, shall have to investigate!
cheers

MRT
KVRian
1150 posts since 3 Dec, 2002

Post Fri May 08, 2020 1:05 pm

Like this track. Has enough variation to keep it interesting and really seems to have a bit of everything in there some where but you manage to keep the mix solid.

nickski
KVRer

Post Sun May 10, 2020 12:46 am

Thasnks for the comments guys, yeah finally seem to be getting the hang of this mixing malarky after decades of trying, so it goes!

Allomerus
KVRAF
2348 posts since 28 Aug, 2012 from Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri May 15, 2020 3:43 am

Sounds good. Plenty of variation and things to keep the interest up. I like the sax. Nice mix.
Well done! :)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Spring Goose
KVRian
587 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Post Fri May 15, 2020 7:04 am

I enjoyed it. The vocal production sounds good to me.

Return to “Music Cafe”