Ohm. (Ambient, Drone, NuAge)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Feedback on this mix? Sound good to you? I've tried to keep it engaging throughout despite its apparent 'static' nature. It’s such a tough genre to produce properly. not checked on other devices yet for mono compatibility.

https://soundcloud.com/fc1985/ohm2/s-jMESHKbPQAO
Last edited by frank1985 on Thu May 07, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hey Frank, hope you're doing well.

Anyway, not really my thing musically, though I have to admit it was kind of interesting. Somehow you made it rather mysterious, dark and foreboding. All that aside, I'm just critiquing it on the mix.

For what it is, it sounds fine. Problem for me is that the piece in general, with a few exceptions sprinkled throughout, seems to be mostly in the low mids to mids. There aren't a lot of highs in this thing.

However, given what I think you're going for, that's probably all okay.

Let me put it this way. There is nothing in it that sounds muddy, like it needs to be EQ'd. I guess that's what you're looking for?

Very difficult piece to critique, especially if it's a genre you don't do yourself and aren't all that familiar with what's out there to have anything to compare it to. So I can't even say it's well done for what it is. All I can say is it doesn't sound like anything is out of place of bad.

So take this review with a tiny grain of salt.

Lovely haunting piece.
Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Allomerus wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:50 am Lovely haunting piece.
Well done! :)
Cheers for the listen :)
wagtunes wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:01 pm Hey Frank, hope you're doing well.

Anyway, not really my thing musically, though I have to admit it was kind of interesting. Somehow you made it rather mysterious, dark and foreboding. All that aside, I'm just critiquing it on the mix.

For what it is, it sounds fine. Problem for me is that the piece in general, with a few exceptions sprinkled throughout, seems to be mostly in the low mids to mids. There aren't a lot of highs in this thing.

However, given what I think you're going for, that's probably all okay.

Let me put it this way. There is nothing in it that sounds muddy, like it needs to be EQ'd. I guess that's what you're looking for?

Very difficult piece to critique, especially if it's a genre you don't do yourself and aren't all that familiar with what's out there to have anything to compare it to. So I can't even say it's well done for what it is. All I can say is it doesn't sound like anything is out of place of bad.

So take this review with a tiny grain of salt.
hey man, thanks for listening. yeah i find with a lot of meditation music that the highs can actually detract from the experience, so here I've kind of toned them back a bit. Hopefully not to the point of things being -too- unbalanced. anyway, i did go back and reduce the low pass on the reverbs to let a bit more airy highs in, but no major instrumentation. you may not be familiar with the genre, but any feedback is still valuable.

I liked this mix a lot! Great sounds!

I often do drone stuff as well, and this sounded really good.

Very relaxing! I like the bell panning you did on my headphones.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:27 pm I liked this mix a lot! Great sounds!

I often do drone stuff as well, and this sounded really good.

Very relaxing! I like the bell panning you did on my headphones.
Thanks man, It's not quite on your level - more drone lite - but i'm glad you found it relaxing as that's the objective!

Return to “Music Cafe”