Dream-pop cover of "Fall at Your Feet" (Now with video)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Finished. And it has video made mostly from stock footage. :hihi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGYXo1n-lxo
Last edited by an-electric-heart on Mon May 18, 2020 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Love the guitars, especially 2:20.
Really like the minimalist beginning. Sometimes less is more.
Mixing good.
What could improve (for me personally speaking) is more dynamics in terms of energy for the "chorus". And there's no breakdown or bridge to speak of. Not that theres a rule that you should have one, but often it makes things more interesting.
In my choruses I am now adding an extra drum track and putting a little automation on my maximizer to make the chorus pop more and the song has more energy dynamics. (In my last track Take Me Round Again, I did this)
Like the stuff you're producing, like your vocals too. Good work.

Bansaw wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:48 pm Love the guitars, especially 2:20.
Really like the minimalist beginning. Sometimes less is more.
Mixing good.
What could improve (for me personally speaking) is more dynamics in terms of energy for the "chorus". And there's no breakdown or bridge to speak of. Not that theres a rule that you should have one, but often it makes things more interesting.
In my choruses I am now adding an extra drum track and putting a little automation on my maximizer to make the chorus pop more and the song has more energy dynamics. (In my last track Take Me Round Again, I did this)
Like the stuff you're producing, like your vocals too. Good work.
What you mentioned about dynamics, I do something similar sometimes, but at the mastering stage, I'll automate (for example) the verse to be a couple of db lower than the chorus, to make the peak parts of the song have more impact, I could try that.
And as far as "no bridge", it is a cover, so I can't do much about that. The original has much more interesting drums and bass, but I'm trying to do something else.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ROiU9kOHeE

Bump: For the finished song, added to the original post.

The video absolutely quality! Some great singing. Great production.

This is very accomplished! Great vocals and one of your best mixes. The video was interesting too.

I did notice the audio on the video was fairly quiet. Looking at YouTube's stats for nerds confirms this. There was 5.2dB of headroom before YouTube would have applied a loudness penalty.

Frantz wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:32 am This is very accomplished! Great vocals and one of your best mixes. The video was interesting too.

I did notice the audio on the video was fairly quiet. Looking at YouTube's stats for nerds confirms this. There was 5.2dB of headroom before YouTube would have applied a loudness penalty.
Thanks! Interesting that you noticed the volume. I did turn it down a bit for the video. I mastered it as per usual, but when I dragged the audio into Premiere, a noticed a couple of peaks were clipping, they were't audible, so I should have just left it, but I turned it down until the clipping was gone.

Return to “Music Cafe”